1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

urd maf calibrator

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by i2andom81, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Mar 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    05 trd 4wd off road,tow pack
    This thread is for a 2.7 application..........not enough hidden ponies to pull out

2. Oct 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Old thread I realize but dont want to start another one. I PMd the OP numerous times never did get a dyno sheet or anything from him, kind of disappointed.

I am wondering has anyone else with a 2tr-fe gotten the URD MAF calibrator and had it tuned to run 91 octane fuel? I know from the factory our 4 bangers are tuned for 87 and 91 makes little to no difference but I was curious if someone has taken the courage and done with with a 91 tune as well as a tune to accomodate the mods they have done with their trucks? Also if they have I was wondering if there was a way to have 2 ignition timing maps preloaded onto this to allow for choice of running 87 with stock timing map or then running 91 with another map, can they switch back and forth just by using the URD MAF?

3. Oct 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    Cheeto6182

Cheeto6182 Cheeto

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Offroad DoubleCab
    JBA Headers, Custom Snorkel/Ram-Air Intake, Spal Electric Fan Conversion, TBS lol, Borla Exhaust, ToyTec Coilovers, Old Man Emu Rear Leafs, Bilstein 5100's, Alpine system (type R's), 4.56 Gearing, 285/75/R16, Bead Lock Rims, Bed Carpeting, SoftTopper, Ram Air intake Mod, URD MAF, Dash Dyno, One Piece Drive-Shaft Conversion, Bed Cubby Led Lights, 12,500 Lbs winch, Expediation bed racking system, Hella Lights, Custom front winch bumper
    The Maf cal does not adjust timing, only manipulates fuel trims during open loop. The tuning shops I've talked to all say they are barely able to produce results out of the 4 bangers, just not enough juice to squeeze out. Remember, the MAF cal is pretty much only used when you floor it, or the engine is under high demand and it switches from open loop to closed loop. If you want some power back from you 4 banger re-gear is the only night and day mod you can do that will get the blood back into your pants.

edit: Closed loop ECU manipulates fuel trims, Open loop (WOT) is where the MAF CAL comes into play lol

4. Oct 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    WOT switches from closed to open, I think thats what you meant just typed it in wrong. WOT is just dumping in fuel.

But thank you for the response. Got a better understanding of the unit!

5. Oct 26, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    Cheeto6182

Cheeto6182 Cheeto

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Offroad DoubleCab
    JBA Headers, Custom Snorkel/Ram-Air Intake, Spal Electric Fan Conversion, TBS lol, Borla Exhaust, ToyTec Coilovers, Old Man Emu Rear Leafs, Bilstein 5100's, Alpine system (type R's), 4.56 Gearing, 285/75/R16, Bead Lock Rims, Bed Carpeting, SoftTopper, Ram Air intake Mod, URD MAF, Dash Dyno, One Piece Drive-Shaft Conversion, Bed Cubby Led Lights, 12,500 Lbs winch, Expediation bed racking system, Hella Lights, Custom front winch bumper
    lol yea flip flop what I said. And just to add 2 more cents. The UniChip that people occasionally ask about, don't use that. It DOES adjust timing and fuel trims like they claim, but the problem is it does it in all modes (open, closed, cutout). So the stock ECU is constantly battling against it. The MAF CAL only operates in open loop because thats the mode you can actually control/tune with a stock ECU. Closed loop the ECU will do everything it can to keep stock settings, so when the Unichip adjust one way the ECU pulls it back to stock with fuel trims. Before you know it you're way out of tune. What I like about URD is they don't try and sell you bullshit with false promises.

6. Oct 26, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    ^ thanks man! One of my professors might be able to get me a HUGE hookup for a piggyback AEM or something of that nature!

7. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    what about the apr x-1 or is it for the 1gr only?

8. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    Unfortunately yes its only for the 1gr... I would give one of my GF's ovaries for something like that for the 2tr-fe!

9. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    Two40TacomaAZ

Two40TacomaAZ Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    33" DuraTrac's, Fog Light Mod., 2.5" ToyTec Lift, Debadged, Gillcraft Mx Mesh Grill, WeatherTech Floor mats, Chaos Rims, K&N Drop-In Filter, 12K H.I.D's, Limo Tint, KYB Shocks, Kenwood Deck, JL Audio W-1, JL Stealthbox, ALpine Speakers, Kenwood Amp., Alarm, Tinted Tail Lights, Pre-Runner Front Bumper, Custom Rear bumper, 3 - 6" KC Daylighters, Removed Fender Flares, L.E.D license plate lights
    What is a urd maf calibreator??[​IMG]

10. Oct 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top