1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USA Spec iPod PA12TOY Interface

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SteelCity, Dec 20, 2007.

1. SteelCity

SteelCity [OP] Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    I've had this for about 2 months and I love it, but it occasionally displays "No Text" on the stereo or locks to the track # screen on the stereo. I replaced it with another unit that does the same thing. It's no huge deal as it still plays the tracks, but it's annoying at times. I know iPods can be finicky so it may have nothing to do with the USA Spec unit, but I wanted to see if any other users had this problem.

2. rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I have no first hand experience with the USA Spec device but I have heard other Spec users mention those same issues. I could be wrong but I think I remember them saying that changing the tracks back and forth a couple times might bring it back to its senses...

3. maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I've had the same probelm, and for a while I thought it was just a corrupted MP3 file on the Ipod, but not that long ago I noticed that it was displaying notext on a song that I had seen it display text on before.

I didn't figure it was a big deal, and didn't think any more about it, I just figured it was a glitch in the Ipod itself, as sometimes the ipod itself will display album art and sometimes it won't even though I know the art is on there.

I have an older model 30gig ipod. Got the wife an new model Ipod Nano 8 gig for Christmas, so I'll chime back in on this in the new year and let you know if it still does this with the new Ipod.

4. 007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner SE 4WD
    That's funny. I have the last generation iPod 30GB as well. My iPod does funny things like that every once in a while, but for the most part it is really good. I got my wife the 8GB iPod Touch for Christmas. :D

5. SteelCity

SteelCity [OP] Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Thanks guys. That's about what I figured. Like I said; no huge deal but I wondered if others were having the same issues.

To Top