1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Utah Meet and Greet/Trail Run or Cruise

Discussion in 'South West' started by Drunknsloth, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Feb 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    Yota_dvl

Yota_dvl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Central Utah
    Vehicle:
    03' Ext cab 4x4
    SAS KIT - trail-gear 5" lift alcan springs greasable shackels gears front 410 rear 411 Kicker subs 3,000 mile drive to Alaska, 3,000 back "Mod" rear diff breather
    Granted this is my opinion but i dont want a long drive to no where, to long drive back... the drive out to fish springs is a very long drive just to be driving only a dirt road, that i wouldn't even call much of a trail. (fish springs is an awesome place dont get me wrong ( my bro works there ) but it is a really long drive, just to some good duck huntin spots, just to drive all the way back)

If we're wanting to cruise might as well get all our trucks detailed and ride up and down state street. Dont get me wrong, the final vote on what ever we're doign count me along!
    ...but i'd rather hit a trail and learn some of your all fav's ( granted it is winter so most are closed, but not all them are)

any one know of any trails / runs we could do.... thats worth the drive for me

2. Feb 5, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth [OP] Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    x2

3. Feb 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    That was kinda my thoughts about the whole thing as well.

About the only thing open this time of year is 5 mile or little moab. There are a few other minor things like driving the west side of the great salt lake, some fast driving in the desert, etc, but nothing really challenging at all. I guess it really does all come down to what people want to do. Dirt trails really just dont do it for me any more.

Anyone been down to 5 mile lately? I'm wondering how snowed over rattlesnake is now. Probably too muddy to bother with, even if it isn't snowed over. On the other hand, if someone did want to go screw around at little moab, its not a trail run, but it might still be fun to see how far you can push your trucks.

It will only be a few more months before AF opens back up. As soon as that happens, and I can insure I have the weekend off, I do plan on camping up there over the weekend and actually as often as I can. If thats something you'd be interested in doing, start planning on that in a few months. That being said, it wont be a dirt road drive to the camp, but thinking of hitting Milk Maid and camping at Forest Lake as a warm up, Maybe Miller's Hill as well if there's enough time. It would all depend on the numbers of course though. The next day, I would want to head up to the top of Mineral Basin.

4. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:13 PM
    peace42o

peace42o Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    burt
    utah
    Vehicle:
    07 toyota tacoma trd 4x4
    5% tinted windows, powder-coated wheels, Duratrac 265/65/r16, 2' lift w/1AAL, superspring shackel overload spring for towing, shorty antenna, block heater, Trd supercharger, Trd exhaust w/magnaflow muffler, black grill, 4 PIAA atx offroad lights, step sides, brake controller, n-fab light bar,
    Where is fish springs? I live near slc how far is it from slc? I'm down to dO whatever

5. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    A desert run would be pretty sweet.

6. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:54 PM
    Yota_dvl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Central Utah
    Vehicle:
    03' Ext cab 4x4
    SAS KIT - trail-gear 5" lift alcan springs greasable shackels gears front 410 rear 411 Kicker subs 3,000 mile drive to Alaska, 3,000 back "Mod" rear diff breather
    its out near dougway prooving grounds, about 30 miles from the Nevada border.

i can check on rattle snake and 5 mile, i live out near there and can easily do a check up on them, little moab is fun too, as you said theres small trails and big trails that people can try from there it is a dirt road out there that we can cruise out there to and enjoy utah lake i guess if we so desire... with us being on that side of the lake and me being familiar with that / this area... i know of MUD that is damn near always there for those that might be interested.

Im so down for AF canyon but normally they dont open till mid may. but are there any trails up near slat lake area that anyone knows of ?

7. Feb 6, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    peace42o

Member:
    First Name:
    burt
    utah
    Vehicle:
    07 toyota tacoma trd 4x4
    5% tinted windows, powder-coated wheels, Duratrac 265/65/r16, 2' lift w/1AAL, superspring shackel overload spring for towing, shorty antenna, block heater, Trd supercharger, Trd exhaust w/magnaflow muffler, black grill, 4 PIAA atx offroad lights, step sides, brake controller, n-fab light bar,
    Doughy proving ground near "knolls"? Does anyone like going down to little sahara?cherry creek?

8. Feb 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    peace42o

Member:
    First Name:
    burt
    utah
    Vehicle:
    07 toyota tacoma trd 4x4
    Mirror lake is epic however can't access most until may or late april

9. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    Yota_dvl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Central Utah
    Vehicle:
    03' Ext cab 4x4
    yeah near knolls but more mid utah not so north

...tomorrow im going to 5 mile and rattlesnake so i can let you guys know how all that looks might go to little moab depending on weather and where me and my buddys make base camp for the night, ill try and get pics :D

10. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    peace42o

Member:
    First Name:
    burt
    utah
    Vehicle:
    07 toyota tacoma trd 4x4
    let me know how it is i would be willing to run a few miles south to get into some mud

11. Feb 8, 2011 at 7:06 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Sweet keep us updated

12. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    Yota_dvl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Central Utah
    Vehicle:
    03' Ext cab 4x4
    willing to go as in with me when i go or as in the 26th

13. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    peace42o

Member:
    First Name:
    burt
    utah
    Vehicle:
    07 toyota tacoma trd 4x4
    The 26th I could go

14. Feb 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Hey man, so how were the trails?

15. Feb 10, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    metric310

metric310 street taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Alejandro
    clinton, ut
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner lifted, bumping loud
    3' lift, 10 inch subs, custom TRD sticker, BHLM, leather arm mod, pioneer avic 700 stereo, 5% tint all around
    I'm down for the 26

16. Feb 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    peace42o

Member:
    First Name:
    burt
    utah
    Vehicle:
    07 toyota tacoma trd 4x4
    Anyone solid on if the trails are open and where do we want to meet on the 26th? I need to know so I can arrange work off!

17. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    3rdTACOMA

3rdTACOMA Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD off road
    None... Yet.
    I am definitely interested. Put me on the list. Sounds fun!!!

18. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    TDOGGY

TDOGGY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Salt Lake, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Grill color matched, shifter ball, shell, 5100's all the way around.....
    So is this thing gonna be on for the 26th or are we up in the air still??

19. Feb 11, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Still up in the air until we find a definite trail to go on.

20. Feb 12, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    Yota_dvl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Central Utah
    Vehicle:
    03' Ext cab 4x4
    sorry due to girl friend our trip was delayed but to report,
    -little moab looks dry some mud puddles here and there not much many rocky.
    - rattle snake dirt, rocky, sand i think, and some patches of snow that a 4x2 could make it threw, that snow is melting into streams making mud puddles here and there. none too deep. a ton of trails are out there, some of which stock could make but if not sure is pretty out there and could make good group photos. could also play at in 5 mile pass. LOCATED west eagle mountian / south east tooele )
    -the pics i have are at rattle snake and manly of my truck. as i said there are many trails i just took the rockier ones :D
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/solid-axle-suspension/139698-some-flexing-pics.html#post2730837
    -my vote have the meet there, maybe meet maybe at cabelas again and drive out there from there or can meet up salt lake some where and drive around that way- my vote is the cabelas way though

Products Discussed in

To Top