1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UWS Toolbox w/ Black Label or Other Suggestions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rhody76, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    Rhody76

Rhody76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Rear leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75",1" blocks, UWS low profile toolbox in black, husky liners, tint, LED interior and reverse lights, yellow fogs
    Hey anyone have a black UWS toolbox with the black label and know where to get one? The UWS website isn't clear on what label comes with which box. I just sold my aluminum diamond plate box with the blue label and I want to get a black one but I'm not feeling the blue label. I think it will look weird on my mgm tacoma.

Any other black toolbox suggestions? I heard Dee Zee makes a nice box but never seen one.

Thanks

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    I have black with the blue label. I love it.

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    TACONOLE

TACONOLE Member

Member:
    I had a low profile black uws box on my last Tacoma and it faded pretty bad after 2 years but overall it was a great toolbox. There actually made right down the road from me in perry florida. I'm not sure about the black label mine had a blue label.

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    tencrawler

tencrawler I'm a lover not an expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    1985 Pickup 4x4 SCLB 22R 5SPD Manual
    Only 55K Original Miles in Spring of 2018
    I have the UWS Low Pro in Black and it came with the black/silver label, but I immediately peeled that sucker off (aluminum plate w/ fake rivets and heavy duty double sided tape). If you still want a label, just buy some sort of TRD or Toyota Logo off of eBay and stick it on there. Good luck with shopping.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Feb 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    Rhody76

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Rear leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75",1" blocks, UWS low profile toolbox in black, husky liners, tint, LED interior and reverse lights, yellow fogs
    my last uws box held up great and the finish was still intact after a few years. They aren't cheap but worth it IMO. Hopefully the black finish holds up

6. Aug 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    J Gibson

J Gibson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB,4wd,TRD Sport, tow pkg, MGM
    katzkin leather, toyota step bars, pro grill, advent overhead DVD player, cargo extender, bed mat, husky liners, impulse digital brake controller, avs bugflector, tinted windows, Firestone ride-rite air bags, ARE camper top with tool doors, ScangaugeII, ProEFX tow mirrors, ImMrYo rearview mirror lift bracket, Salex glove box and console organizers, 2020 Tacoma Pro styled wheels, 265/70 r17 Michelin MS2 tires, LED map lights, drivers seat extended and raised, ram ball tech deck installed, blacked out badges, tinted taillights, upgraded climate control knobs, ultimate headlight upgrade with Osram superbrights and wiring harness along wit OEM pro headlight housings.
  7. Sep 1, 2012 at 5:50 AM
    Rhody76

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    That looks like a great system. The way I have it now the j bolts are bent on an angle in order to grab the edge of the rail. If these work with the UWS box i'm going to buy them. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top