1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

V-Tec Wheels

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by PVT Pablo, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Jul 11, 2015 at 3:35 PM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo [OP]

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    I just wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding V-Tec Wheels, commonly sold at Discount Tire, among other retailers.

A few days ago I learned that I lost my "spline socket", the special socket used to remove the lugs on my V-Tec Offroad 326's. I called V-Tec and got probably one of the most unmotivated human beings on earth. He informed me that they could offer no support because my wheels were discontinued (their website still says they are in stock). He also informed me that I would have to 'cut off my wheels' in order to remove them without the spline socket. I asked if I could order one from them and he told me no.

I ended up calling Discount Tire who was more than happy to help. They got me the socket I needed no problem. I also emailed V-Tec telling them of my customer service experience. I received an automatically generated email sayings "Thanks for choosing V-Tec wheels, here is a 5% off coupon code".

They obviously don't care about customer service. I was extremely patient with the guy on the phone and he was giving me nothing. I won't be buying from this company again.

To Top