1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

vacuum leak

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Hambone155, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Dec 17, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    anyone know what the normal vacume leak is on the tacoma. almost a 100% certin thats what it is but cant find the spot? it flutters just like a vac leak on other vehicles so i figured it was.

2. Dec 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    mixaro

mixaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab, 2011 trail edition 4 runner, 2013 tx baja dcsb
    02 ext cab cat-back exhaust, k&n replacement filter, 5100 billy's, hellcreek 1.5" rear spring packs, 882 OME coils, Toytec 2" AAl, stainless brake lines, Light Racing UCA, 1" diff drop, BPV bracket, 4" deck plate mod, 886 fog light backup light mod, tom woods one piece drive shaft, spider trax 1.25 spacer.
    sounds like the ones that go to the throttle body to me, back on my 98 thats the ones that went bad and i replaced them and it fixed the problem. i couldn't find a leak but it had the all the problems of one so i replaced those and it ran like a champ again.

3. Dec 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)

Products Discussed in

To Top