1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Valve Body? Please Help, hurry!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Hoyt, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    Hoyt

Hoyt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Green Cove Springs,FL
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5
    Fabtech Dirt Logic 6" OME 881 Springs Custom Leather Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Deaver Leaf Pack Light Racing UCA's Diff breather mod Scangauge II Doug Thorley Headers Magnaflow Exhaust TRD Supercharger AEM Intake Transmission Cooler ARE Topper Relentless Armour IPT Valve Body Smittybilt X2O 8000 w/ 12 Volt Guy incab controller URD 7th injector Kit AEM Water Methonal Injection Kit Devil Horns Smittybilt Air Compressor
    I just removed my valve body to have it upgraded to mesh better with the TRD Supercharger in my truck and I cant decide where to send it. I have talked to both IPT and Level Ten and both have interesting points. Both seem to have quick turn arounds, both seen professional. IPT does an across the board upgrade, Level Ten seems to upgrade it more to fit the truck. IPT is about $100 cheaper.

Can anyone give me any advise to help me choose. I am shipping it to one or the other tomorrow morning, so hurry!!!!

Thanks in advance...

2. Apr 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    3.4v6

3.4v6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Redwood City
    Vehicle:
    01 pre-runner
    91 octane gasoline
    I sent my VB to IPT and have been happy with it. Everyone i know that has sent their VB's out have also gone to IPT.

3. Apr 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    Hoyt

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Green Cove Springs,FL
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5
    Fabtech Dirt Logic 6" OME 881 Springs Custom Leather Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Deaver Leaf Pack Light Racing UCA's Diff breather mod Scangauge II Doug Thorley Headers Magnaflow Exhaust TRD Supercharger AEM Intake Transmission Cooler ARE Topper Relentless Armour IPT Valve Body Smittybilt X2O 8000 w/ 12 Volt Guy incab controller URD 7th injector Kit AEM Water Methonal Injection Kit Devil Horns Smittybilt Air Compressor
    Thanks Jason, just wanted to be sure. How does the truck drive different?

4. Apr 9, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    Hoyt

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Green Cove Springs,FL
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5
    Shipped to IPT this morning...

5. Apr 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    3.4v6

3.4v6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Redwood City
    Vehicle:
    01 pre-runner
    91 octane gasoline
    shifts are A LOT firmer and faster. im running the TRD s/c and the TRD 7th as well, and the shift from 1st to 2nd can get pretty crazy( like someone is kicking the driver seat), enough to chirp 2nd on an automatic. In my opinion IPT did a very good job. The firmer shifts might take a while to get used to, but im sure you will like it.

6. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    Hoyt

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Green Cove Springs,FL
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5
    IPT Valve Body installed.

WOW:D

Products Discussed in

To Top