1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Valve noise?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by cvillechopper, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Jan 21, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper [OP] Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    I've noticed for a while that when I put a load on the engine, the Taco sounds very much like my old 76 Nova used to when I floored it. That is to say, there's valve noise. At least as far as I can tell.

I can hear it clearly everytime I'm going up a nearby hill (the trans has already hit top gear) and I give her a little gas. If I stomp it, you hear it, but not as much since the engine kicks down.

Is it just because I've been driving a 4 cylinder for so long I forgot what a 6 sounds like when it's got a little stress on it or have others noticed this?

2. Jan 21, 2008 at 9:30 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper [OP] Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    Thanks. I'll try to see what happens but if they bumped the octane rating for '08, they forgot to update the owners manual and tell the sales team at my dealership.:(

Products Discussed in

To Top