1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vegas BS Thread!

Discussion in 'South West' started by MOT, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Jul 23, 2010 at 4:42 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Way out in Henderson, College/95 area.

I'm in that area every so often.

2. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    Blkturbo!

Blkturbo! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma; 05 Seadoo RXP; 94 Turbo Supra
    Icon Coilovers, Downsouth UCAs, rear Icon "2.5" shocks and Toytec single AAL. Still gotta do exhaust, dark headlights and re-gear the rear diff.
    Yep! I love my area. Sometimes ya might see me yanking around a black/green, arm-yanking seadoo too :D

3. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    Well I'll keep checking up on Vegas to see if you guys plan something. I wont have my truck but would love to check out some of the badass Vegas tacomas ;)

4. Jul 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    LVTacoma

LVTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    BTW, selling my 3" tuff country lift, front coil spacer and rear aal. Rear never installed and just needs the extended center pin bolts. $50 local p/u

5. Jul 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    ^pretty good deal...:D good luck on the sale...

6. Jul 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM
    MOT

MOT [OP] Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Bump for you sale!

7. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:25 PM
    LVTacoma

Member:
    Got tagged by BLM today on an access road near the Centennial basin. Was just puttin around looking for some mud to splash around in and he came flying up on me in a new Explorer and seriously almost crashed into my truck. Got a $25 fine for "off roading in private area" , I dont know if the measley fee of 25 bucks is more laughable than the fact that money is going to contribute to BLMs continual killing of our wild mustangs, more closures of already dwindling public areas or for all the lawyers they are racking up with the public lately. Long story short, keep an eye out if you're around the northwest area boys

8. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,

Hey dude sorry about! I have heard that those guys can be super cops out there haha! Anyways do you have any thoughts about the sept meet trail run!?:confused:

9. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    LVTacoma

Member:
    Yeah, BLM is ridiculous in general.
    And Ill be out there! Might even be into a different Toyota, one with some 4wd haha.

10. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Nice!:D

11. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:19 PM
    tacobo670

tacobo670 if you have to ask, u can't afford it

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport 4x4 AC 6spd
    Super cherry n some champion stuff on the side
    maybe u need to start a pettition with foxysandchick n save them n make new/more OR spots.

12. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:20 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    :eek:

13. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    tacobo670

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport 4x4 AC 6spd
    i said it. wat. relax. have a beer.

14. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    :stayontopic:
    Sorry had to do It to myslef haha

15. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    tacobo670

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport 4x4 AC 6spd
    u just "porkins"ed urself!

16. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    lol:D

17. Aug 10, 2010 at 4:25 AM
    FoxySandChick

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Wouldn't need to if people stayed out of the closed areas to begin with....there use to be a lot more open land till people started destroying it :rolleyes:.

Don't guess this means anything to some of you...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/70648-tread-lightly.html

18. Aug 10, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    LVTacoma

Member:
    is that suggestive? :notsure:

x2 Dumont type crowds, sans the enthusiasts, are notorious for blatant disregard for closed areas along with pretty much shitting all over the enviroment with the dumping/littering after the holiday weekend trips. Whole place would have probably been shut down if it weren't for DDR type groups keeping the equilibrium.

19. Aug 11, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    FoxySandChick

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    I guess myself and the group I ride with would be considered enthusiasts considering we are the 'DDR' crowd. My bf is one of the original DDR members from back when the site was created. Guess you didn't notice I have the same SN over there...
    Yes, we are the group who does the annual clean up, created the 1st poker run, goes to the BLM meetings and who do everything we can to keep the dunes open. We are the ones cleaning up all the trash left behind during the season, but unfortunately most of us no longer go out on Holiday weekends because people have made it too dangerous and out of control not only in the dunes, but in the camps. It is a shame what people do out there and the problems it causes for those of us who are passionate about the sport and the environment, so yes it pisses us (me) off when people trash the dunes and the trails. It sucks that I can't take my quad to the desert 1 mile from my house anymore cause people couldn't follow simple rules.

So, is my comment suggestive...well there are posts on here about people who go into closed areas and who don't practice 'tread lightly' on the trails that are still open..take it how you want. :pccoffee:

I don't see anyone on here trying to be productive and keep the trails around Vegas open, so if I missed it please forward the info to me.

20. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    LVTacoma

Member:
    Right on, good to see other people that actually care about the places they enjoy rather than shitting on them like most do and leave it for others to deal with. I'm not on the ddr forums as Im not into dune riding. My family races desert (buggies,quads,bikes) so that kind of off-roading is what Ive always been polarized to.

As for the previous post. I was on a graded access road, near my housing community, no posted signs anywhere and doing 15mph tops with a super cop ranger that assumed I was in the closed areas that do exist out there that everyone rides on.

As far as productive, I've been to several SNORE clean up days as well as throwing whatever shit I find on the trails in the bed of the truck out of respect for the enviroment. I think its digusting that people cant wait to use a trash can and dump their beer bottles, trash etc on the side of the trails I take. Im sure most people on here do care about the places they ride/offroad etc, I dont think anyone neccesarily has to be a part of an organization to care althought its admirable those that do participate in one.

To Top