1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Venture-Pods and CVT RTTs for NW customers

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by InTheRough, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Jul 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    InTheRough

InTheRough [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kolt
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    '20 Tundra Platinum
    Rock Warrior wheels
    I am not selling these. I recently purchased through them and wanted to pass on a great contact for those that are interested in buying Venture Pod or CVT root top tents.

I found this dealer on CL so at first it seemed a little sketchy but the more I talked to Barney, the more I was convinced it was real. On the add he mentions selling venture pods and CVT roof top tents. I had seen his ad before and seems that to always have some type of discount. At the time I purchased mine the CL ad said "We offer all the tents at 15% off the retail pricing". I had spent about an hour just talking to Barney and he was very good communicating with his customers. Because of my constant concerns of CL fakes or getting robbed, he fronted the cost of the tent when he picked it up from Bobby on Saturday and met me on Sunday (the next day) half way between where he lives in Camas, WA and where I live in Gig Harbor, WA. He explained to me that the discounts, delivery and fronting the money are all tactics that he is using to try to expand his company and customer basis.

His company is called Simple Camping Solutions. Barney is the owner.
    www.simplecampingsolutions.net/
    www.Venture-pod.com

Phone number:
    360-433-7519

CL ad:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/snd/4578721377.html

On my way home from picking it up:
    20140720_104246_zpslayq2j4b_5bd8fd7ddfa52e29b0df71b43095f854ec77e65d.jpg

Just a few hours later that day:
    20140720_153206_zpsv4purihl_632de48812b190df4f54f692d728f844db3de179.jpg

Picture off of his website:
    [​IMG]

wafflroo likes this.
  2. Jul 20, 2017 at 6:42 AM
    wafflroo

wafflroo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Suquamish, WA
    Vehicle:
    Ruckus
    Also just bought a cvt from Barney, great guy! Still posting his ads on cl as 10% off, he gave me an extra 5% for being military. Picked it up from cvt and met me at great wolf lodge. Only been in the PNW since April so he may be well known by now(I know this thread is 3 years old). Just figured I'd pass it along if anyone else is looking for a cvt and doesn't want to have to drive all the way to Bend. Contact info is still the same.

InTheRough[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 23, 2017 at 1:17 PM
    InTheRough

InTheRough [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kolt
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    '20 Tundra Platinum
    Rock Warrior wheels
    Hey Mike, thanks for the update. I sold my tent last year because we were having our first child. We have been considering picking one up next year but, knowing that he still has them for a discount, I may consider getting one sooner than that. I like the new Summit Series that CVT came out with anyways.

Products Discussed in

To Top