1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Very interesting.....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by badguybuster, Apr 14, 2009.

1. badguybuster

badguybuster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    6000K HID Headlights 6000k HID Fog Lights Window visors (all 4) Tri-Fold Tonno Bedlined Rockers Bedlined Bumpers Bilstein 5100 Toytec 1/2" spacers 3" TSB Leafs and AAL's (Toytec) Differential 1" Drop Sway Bar Relocators BHLM Mod Debadged Pro Comp 7089s Hankook Dynapro 35" M/T's Billett Grill 55 watt fog lights in grill 55 watt fog lights on Pre-Runner Light Bar Rear Bilstein 5100's Flowmaster Super 10's Yellow Fog Light Mod Titanium Burl Wood Grain Dash Mod Leather Arm Rest Mod TRD Steering wheel Mod Painted Engine Cover Painted Fuse Box TRD Seat Belt Covers Bed Light Mod Extended/Braided Brake Lines Back up light mod
    As you all know I recently installed a 2.5" lift kit and new BFG Mud Terrain tires. I had been noticing a little bit rougher ride and a vibration. I figured it was not big deal since the tread on the BFG's is pretty rugged. Well, today my Toytec Sway Bar Relocator and 1" differential drop arrived and I installed them. WOW! The Diff Drop made a SIGNIFICANT difference in the ride. I would not have believed how much smooother it rides. I mean LIKE NEW, even with the tires. Those of you who have not done it, GET IT DONE!!!!! I did have to do a little modification to the bracket that goes from the bumper to the cross member on the left differential. Once, I put the drop on, it rubbed the brace so I had to re-drill the holes and slide it a hair over. Enjoy.

2. Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Glad it worked out, these newer generation seem to be a hit or miss when it comes to ride quality and vibrations after being lifted.

3. DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    Original shocks, springs & UCA?

4. badguybuster

badguybuster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    6000K HID Headlights 6000k HID Fog Lights Window visors (all 4) Tri-Fold Tonno Bedlined Rockers Bedlined Bumpers Bilstein 5100 Toytec 1/2" spacers 3" TSB Leafs and AAL's (Toytec) Differential 1" Drop Sway Bar Relocators BHLM Mod Debadged Pro Comp 7089s Hankook Dynapro 35" M/T's Billett Grill 55 watt fog lights in grill 55 watt fog lights on Pre-Runner Light Bar Rear Bilstein 5100's Flowmaster Super 10's Yellow Fog Light Mod Titanium Burl Wood Grain Dash Mod Leather Arm Rest Mod TRD Steering wheel Mod Painted Engine Cover Painted Fuse Box TRD Seat Belt Covers Bed Light Mod Extended/Braided Brake Lines Back up light mod
    2.5" front spacer and rear AAL's.

To Top