1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Viair Compressor

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by DonL, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Jun 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    DonL

DonL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Prescott, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Monster Exhaust, Shell, 5100's all around, Airlift airbags, Hankook Atm, K&M air filter
    Anyone install a Viair 450 Continues Use Compressor Kit in their Taco. I have a '08 access cab and was wondering where would be the best place to install the tank and compressor? Any ideas? Thanks, Don

2. Jun 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    bigburrito

bigburrito Local Man

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    Demello sliders, fog lights anytime, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 60" HiLift, VIAIR OBA 2.5 gallon tank, FM Super 44, TSB springs, 5100s at .85, bent tailgate
    compressor will fit under the hood, right above the front passenger wheel hump. there are two threaded holes on you can use to mount it. the holes are about a hand span down from the top of the engine bay, 8 inches or so apart from each other.

tank is 2.5 gallons? it will fit under the bed, sandwiched between the spare and the bed (on the side closer to the axle). if you search, there are pics of this setup.

i just installed the same setup myself and it fits perfectly in the locations i described. any questions post em up

3. Jun 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    DonL

DonL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Prescott, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Monster Exhaust, Shell, 5100's all around, Airlift airbags, Hankook Atm, K&M air filter
    Hey Bigburrito, thanks. That's a big help. Is there enough air line in the kit to reach from the front to the rear? How does the unit run? are you satisified? How are the hookup instructions? Did you hook up directly to the battery with an inline fuse or go through the fuse block? Thanks again, Don

4. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    bigburrito

bigburrito Local Man

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    Demello sliders, fog lights anytime, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 60" HiLift, VIAIR OBA 2.5 gallon tank, FM Super 44, TSB springs, 5100s at .85, bent tailgate
    there is just enough airline to go back-to-front twice. however, i opted out of the skinny tube that came with the kit and went with some heavier duty 3/8" line.

unit runs great. no issues whatsoever, its exactly what i anticipated.

the instructions are good enough, but they are more "suggestions" rather than instructions. you will probably need to make a trip to the hardware store at some point to pick up something that is missing. and i would highly recommend laying everything out and doing your own drawing before you start the actual install. also keep in mind exhaust pipe/header clearance. i had to reroute my exhaust in order to get my setup how i wanted it. one thing always leads to another.....

i hooked it up direct to the battery with the inline fuse. easy and it works.

good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top