1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibes on your truck.....Car Hauler's fault

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Taco4x4NC, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mar 14, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Some have the vibs, some don't....

I new someone that purchased a brand new car several years ago. The car had an alignment and vibration issue from the start. So back it went to the dealer for warranty service and a really good look. To make a long story short, the service dept finally discovered that the car had been chained down a little to tight on the car carrier or possible the train/car carrier. At any rate the suspension was damaged/tweaked/bent whatever you want to call it by one of the carriers over tightening down the cargo chains. Hopefully this was just a very isolated incident.

I am not saying that this is the cause of so many vibration issues (especially one new truck right off the lot). But, could it be that the car haulers are cranking down the vehicles so tight that they end up damaging the suspension components? Sound far fetched? Car haulers make their money by hauling as many cars as possible as quickly as they can get them turned around.
    Food for thought.

To date my truck has no issues. Its as smooth as glass. Maybe I just got really lucky.

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    FFRNDAN

FFRNDAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Edinburg, Oh
    Vehicle:
    09 Acess Cab 4x4 MGM
    This could be plausible. A while back I was following a car hauler on the interstate over a particularly bumpy/up & down area. There was a sedan on the very back lower spot on the trailer with its bumper sticking out past the hauler (forget the brand of the car). The bumps were making the whole back end of the trailer flex up/down, to the point that the trailer actually met pavement.

Whose to say that the frame on the car didn't flex just like the trailer did? I could be wrong as I can't recall how the cars are tied down. By the frame, or using those straps around the tires?

Products Discussed in

To Top