1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration/Humming noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blake2035, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jan 30, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    blake2035

blake2035 [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Off Road Package
    I purchased a new 2008 double cab TRD off-road Tacome last October. I hit black ice and was in an accident on December 7th and the truck was messed up pretty bad, everyone was alright so that's the important thing. There was no frame damage so it wasn't totaled but it was pretty close as the total damage was around $12,800. The left side of the truck hit up against the guard rail and the front left side tire was sort of bent under a little bit so they had to replace the knuckle and get a new rim etc.

I just got the truck back this past Tuesday afternoon, yeah over a month and a half without my new truck.....I wasn't pleased. The truck looks like it did when i bought it off the lot so the repair place did a great job with all the body stuff as there was a lot of body damage. The question I have for you all is that when I am driving, especially over 50mph, and I am bearing to the right so more pressure is on the left side of the truck there is a humming/vibration/seems to be rubbing going on. When I am going straight and when I bear to the left it does not make the noise at all.

I am assuming that because they worked on the left side of the truck, in and around the tire area, that something might not be aligned properly. I do not know a ton about trucks but am trying to learn as much as I can. If you all have any possibilities about what might be the problem I will appreciate it. And for what it's worth I am going to pick up the guy from the body shop and drive him in the truck so he can hear the noise for himself this afternoon. Sorry for the long post and thank you all for your suggestions.

2. Jan 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    CRFan1

CRFan1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwest Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Pre-Runner
    DNX5120, Audsion AMp, Hertz Speakers
    Could be an alignment issue or it could be a tire issue or it could be nothing.

If that were my vehicle, I would honestly consider trading it in.....they just never seem the same after something like that happens. :(

Products Discussed in

To Top