1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration Under Front On Bed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by no_werries, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jul 22, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    no_werries

no_werries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    2005 Tacoma
    I4 Reg Cab 4x4
    3" lift 265/75/16
    Magnaflo muffler 2 1/2" pipe
    K&N CAI

Well recently, since summer has started and I now leave my rear sliding window open, I have been hearing a vibration that seems to emit from up between the cab and box of the truck. I hear it when im doin anywhere from 45 mph up, and I only hear it when I let off the gas, or put it in neutral and coast!

Another sound I hear coming from the same area is almost a metal like rattling sound that I get when accelerating, I only hear it when around 3000-3500 rpm (which I dont have to hit to much) and If I was to keep a constant speed at 3000-3500 rpm the sound does not last more then a second or two! I have time to get a closer look under the truck for the next few days to see whats up, and help would be appreciated!

Products Discussed in

To Top