1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

vibration while turning

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacoskim, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Jul 23, 2008 at 1:09 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim [OP] Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    i did a search on this and found someone that had the same issue but never said what the problem was, so here i go....

i just had my 35,000 service done to my truck this past weekend and since ive had it back whenever i turn left or right from a dead stop i feel this vibration coming from the front end... i dont know if its cuz i had my tires rotated, or they messed up my a-arms, or if they didnt change the lsd fluid, i have no idea what it can be...:confused::confused: i just wanted to get some of u guys thoughts before i call the service department about this. im hoping its cuz of the tires being rotated but ive never noticed it this bad in the past rotations... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

2. Jul 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    couple of things to do to narrow it down.....call and see if they ctually did change the diff fluid, check the tire pressures, check the lug torque and see if they didnt torque them right. also....do you have any nerf bars?? i had my tires balanced one time on my 06....when i got the truck back.....there was a hella vibe when taking off, turning and slowing down....after looking at it, i figured out it was where they jacked the truck up........it moved the nerf bar mount into contact with the frame, so i pried it off the frame, and the vibe was gone. see id its any of those things first.

3. Jul 23, 2008 at 1:27 PM
    tacoskim

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    thanks for the response tacomaman06 i would rep u but im fresh out for 24 hrs, but no i dont have any nerf bars so cancels that out... im gonna give them a call right now and ask them the following questions... anyone else have any ideas??

4. Jul 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM
    tacoskim

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    k so just got off the phone with my service guy at toyota and said he couldn't make any guesses over the phone and to just bring it in tomorrow morning. so hopefully everything will be worked out under warranty since they just did my major service work...

anyone else have an idea on what this could be?!?!

5. Jul 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i cant really think of anything else right now!! hopefully, they'll straighten it out for ya quickly! let us know how it goes.

Products Discussed in

To Top