1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Video Camera Mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jbrnigan, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Jun 16, 2015 at 2:08 PM
    jbrnigan

jbrnigan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport, 4X4, 4.0L, Auto - Access Cab
    I often travel solo and document most of my trips via photos and video. I'm preparing for an extended trip to N. Mex, Ariz, Colo, and Wyo, later this summer. I crafted this camera mount to shoot video (on and off road) without having to hold the camera and drive at the same time. I used my Canon mono pod for the camera support. I crafted a bracket to attach the mono pod to the lower grab handle, 10mm bolt. The bracket is attached to the mono pod using an existing hole, 8-32 machine screw. The mono pod is secured below the glove box using a bungee cord.

Because the Canon Video camera is very lightweight and the tripod mounting point is off center, some vibration was evident while driving. To add some mass (weight) to the camera and to center the mounting point, I crafted a mounting "plate" using 1/4 inch aluminum stock, drilled and tapped - the camera mounts to plate, plate mounts to monopod. The added mass virtually eliminated the vibration in the video.

I used a similar setup in a Jeep I owned before this Tacoma and was very happy with the video results.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top