1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Video game fatigue

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Reagan2791, May 18, 2017.

1. May 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM
    Reagan2791

Reagan2791 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2023 Celestial Silver Metallic DCSB SR5 4x4
    Removed front air dam. Technology Package: - [ ] Blind Spot Monitor - [ ] Color Keyed Rear Bumper Dealer Add-Ons: “Predator XP Package” includes: - [ ] Predator Step Tubes - [ ] Blackout and XP Badging - [ ] Black Chrome Exhaust Tip - [ ] 265/70R16 Goodyear Duratracs - [ ] TRD PRO Wheels Window Tint Phone Cable Charge Package w/ Two Rear USB Ports Completed: Steering Wheel Cover AVS Wind Deflectors TufSkinz Red Glove Box Lettering Clazzio Seat Covers Tufskinz Red Accent Strip On Order: OEM Door Sill Protectors & Lettering
    I'm 44. For the last 5 or 6 years, I've played video games weekly on Xbox, some weeks more than others, but pretty consistently. Mostly in the evenings after work and a little on the weekends, but not much. Thing is, I've enjoyed gaming. I enjoy single player campaigns and playing multiplayer games with friends. I visit IGN and GameSpot daily and stay on top of gaming news. It's my hobby, I like it.

That being said, I haven't wanted to play games the last month or so. Picked up MGSV on clearance at Target. Spent a couple of hours in it and I was thoroughly impressed. Although I felt it was a game that I would otherwise become immersed in, I got bored and put it down. Same for any other game I've tried to play the last few weeks. So, what's wrong with that? Well, I like games and I want to be excited about this fall when games like Destiny 2, CoD:WWII, and Battlefront II come out. At the same time, I'm wondering if I'm going through an aging thing where even though I tell myself I want to continue to enjoy something I've been passionate about the last few years, I just don't anymore? That would suck.

Any of you other older gamers gone through a rut like that? Just curious. Hope I get recharged this fall!

2. May 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM
    gkomo

gkomo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM AC SR5 4x4
    My gaming definitely comes and goes in waves. Sometimes it's just when you don't play that classic go-to game for a while you kind of forget about it. For example, I just bought the Nintendo Switch and have been immersed in BotW so I haven't played my PS4 COD: BOIII in a while. Not really 'missing' it at the moment but I know if I booted that sucker up i'd be hooked all over again.

3. May 18, 2017 at 2:37 PM
    2ndGenJonny

2ndGenJonny Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    39 here, been a gamer since I was a child. For me it all depends on the game. I just finished all of Destiny and have nothing left to accomplish there. So I picked up Fallout 4 @20$. Totally worth it.

Mac23 and Reagan2791[OP] like this.
  4. May 19, 2017 at 11:52 PM
    Scribbles

Scribbles Well-Known Member

Member:
    LoUiSiAna
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 PreRunner
    None yet
    32 years old and been playing since 5 years old. Have slowed down as I've got older, some because when i sit down to play, its like a good 5 to 7 hour play, which pretty much means weekends or any day don't have to work the next morning. Also play less as Ive got more adult hobbies too.
    I think its mainly just not enough time in the day. Most of my games now seem repetitive. Everything coming out now might have a great story, but the gameplay is all the same.

1989supraturbo likes this.
  5. May 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm level 171 on Fallout 4 right now haha

6. May 20, 2017 at 12:21 AM
    Nexusix

Nexusix Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    I'm playing a game called Pulsar Lost Colony, really fun co-op multiplayer game. You should check it out.

Scribbles[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. May 20, 2017 at 12:22 AM
    QMEDJoe

QMEDJoe Proverbs 3:5-6

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Columbus Grove, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma, V6, 5 speed, 4x4.
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    I bought a PS4 2 years ago while I was on ship. I probably had about 100 hrs of playtime on it and now it just collects dust. I do look forward to the COD:WWII coming out. I'm 41 now. While playing I felt like there is something so much more productive I could be doing :rolleyes:

92LandCruiser and Reagan2791[OP] like this.
  8. May 20, 2017 at 10:10 AM
    Scribbles

Scribbles Well-Known Member

Member:
    LoUiSiAna
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 PreRunner
    None yet
    Call of duty (original Playstation 1 & 2) was WWII. I see they are trying to go back now, seems like the franchise is going down. The last one I played was black ops, and that was for the STORY. I hate cod multiplayer.

9. May 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM
    BlazingTaco

BlazingTaco ~,!,,___(•v•)___,,!,~

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Exile
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 BBP DCSB 4x2
    Mall landscaping pin stripes.
    I am 42 years old, have been gaming since I was an elementary school kid. (Atari 2600, Coleco Vision, Sega Genesis, etc.) I still have some relatively uncommon Nintendo items in excellent condition like the GB Micro, Virtual Boy (that one will produce actual fatigue), and have had everything in between except the PS Vita, PS4, and XB360. Didn't get the PS4 because I got the XB1. Like @2ndGenJonny I played Destiny to end and just visit now to beat people down in the Crucible. I started playing GOW4 with another TW guy. I still have three unopened games. I go in phases. I will get into something, play the hell out of it, and then fall off the map for a while. Currently I am in the off cycle. I noticed my Gold is about to expire and needs to be renewed. I just thought to myself, "Meh!" which isn't like me because Destiny 2 is on the way and it looks good. I know where you're coming from and maybe it's time for a small sabbaticle?

Skootter14 and QMEDJoe like this.
  10. May 20, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    Reagan2791

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Removed front air dam. Technology Package: - [ ] Blind Spot Monitor - [ ] Color Keyed Rear Bumper Dealer Add-Ons: “Predator XP Package” includes: - [ ] Predator Step Tubes - [ ] Blackout and XP Badging - [ ] Black Chrome Exhaust Tip - [ ] 265/70R16 Goodyear Duratracs - [ ] TRD PRO Wheels Window Tint Phone Cable Charge Package w/ Two Rear USB Ports Completed: Steering Wheel Cover AVS Wind Deflectors TufSkinz Red Glove Box Lettering Clazzio Seat Covers Tufskinz Red Accent Strip On Order: OEM Door Sill Protectors & Lettering
    That's what I'm doing, for the most part. I have a lot of games I could play but just can't get into...MGSV, Shadow of Mordor, and a ton more. Rewatching movies I've seen before rather than game. Btw, when you renew Gold, I recommend cdkeys.com. Usually get 12 months for about $43.

BlazingTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. May 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM
    Reagan2791

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    I used to love the multiplayer. A buddy of mine got me back into gaming after we had both been recently divorced (about 7 yrs ago). I had never cared for first person shooters and had never played CoD, but Black Ops was the newest one so I picked up a 360 and started playing with him and his other friends. We had a blast back then and CoD was a staple. The gameplay was fun, but the social aspect is what made it great. After BLOPS2, the group fell apart along with my desire for mind numbingly repetitive 10 minute matches over and over. Got into some BF4 with a couple of the guys and played other games like Payday 2 and Titanfall. I kept playing CoD for the campaigns but Advanced Warfare was the last one I enjoyed the multiplayer in. BLOPS3 and IW were just overkill, plus I was already spent on that play style. Somewhere in there, Destiny came out and I was hooked. I could play with friends and do a lot more than run short copy/paste matches to level up. Best times ever over 2 1/2 yrs of Destiny. So fatigued on it now, though, that my initial excitement for D2 has waned, even before the reveal. It's not the games, it's me. Maybe I'll find my way back to having fun this fall. It's true that CoD has been in WWII, but that was for largely a previous generation of gamers and many of today's gamers have never experienced a more grounded CoD. Even if you have, the tech has changed drastically and it's going to be a much better experience, from a game standpoint. The rest of the experience is based on where your head is at and if you have a good group to play with. For now, on the multiplayer front, Titanfall 2 is way better than CoD. So much more fun if you're into match based mp.

12. May 20, 2017 at 1:59 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    I play The Division, Fallout 4 on XB1. I have Destiny but haven't opened it yet, it's been sitting since last Black Friday. Haven't played in a couple of weeks. Still enjoy it though.

Recently got into GTA 5 and enjoy it online. I haven't played GTA since the original xbox.

13. May 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    Fallout 4 FTMFW

38 yo, gaming since I was a kid. My interest definitely depends on the game and like the poster above I go though phases.

Reagan2791[OP] likes this.
  14. May 20, 2017 at 2:06 PM
    Reagan2791

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    You bought Destiny last Black Friday and never opened it? That's a shame. You really missed out on something special, imo. Granted, it's not much fun playing alone, but if you have at least a couple of guys to run with, you'll have some serious fun. That ship has pretty much sailed now, though. Onwards to D2. Oh, do you have the Collection version? Just wondering if you have the complete game.

Regarding The Division, enjoyed the campaign but didn't care for it beyond that. Bought the season pass up front because I was so hyped. That was a waste. Couldn't get into Fallout 4, but a buddy of mine dropped a ridiculous amount of time into it. Level 200 when he finally stopped playing, I believe. Each to their own.

15. May 20, 2017 at 2:07 PM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    I love RPGs and have played Skyrim since release, but nowadays I'll play a ton for several months then not play at all for several months.

Slashaar likes this.
  16. May 20, 2017 at 2:09 PM
    SoCal_Erik

SoCal_Erik Tiki Taka, Tika Taka

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 SR5 DCSB, ‘15 SR5 DCSB (sold), ‘16 4Runner SR5, ‘15 OR DCSB (sold), ‘05 SC (sold)
    I'm not an older gamer by any means necessary, but I have enjoyed gaming for quite a while and I've also noticed that it comes in waves. This time of year gaming is a little slower in the fall is when it really gets going. The industry is a little bit right now but your notice that all the big titles always come out August through November. My suggestion would be, don't try so hard. If you find yourself wanting to play a game play it, but don't force yourself to enjoy something because I may hate it later

Reagan2791[OP] likes this.
  17. May 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM
    Itchyfeet

Itchyfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    I got burnt out with a PS2 after six months. Maybe I'm a salty ole bastard, but turning on a TV these days is a quick way to get me to leave the room. It's a big world out there.

18. May 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    I also gamed alot in my life. Now at 34 I'm bored of the mainstream games as they are all the same. I am a PC gamer and there so many awesome indy titles out there. I play those and enjoy them way more than the boring mainstream games.

Been hooked on binding of isaac. Such a blast

19. May 20, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    Reagan2791

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    I'm feeling a lot of that right now. Maybe the summer plays a role. When it's sunny out, the idea of wasting away hours playing games indoors seems boring, like I could be doing anything more worthwhile.

Clearwater Bill likes this.
  20. May 20, 2017 at 2:29 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    I think that's what it is. Go out and use your truck. Take the dog out on a trip or something.

StainlessSteelRatt likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top