1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Videography

Discussion in 'Photography' started by 95 taco, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Nov 1, 2019 at 7:18 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Post more work, man! Looks great!

2. Nov 2, 2019 at 4:00 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    :wave: hey hey! good to see you Chaz

3. Dec 3, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    I've been wanting to get into FPV drones to get some shots like this i cant get from my Phantom. Did you say your buddy does this work? I've been wanting to buy a 5" FPV drone to strap a GoPro on online and was actually wondering if there was anyway i can use my DJI remote to control an FPV drone with so i would only have to buy it and a set of goggles. Couldn't find what i was looking for so i didn't know if maybe he would know or a good way to get started! Thanks man

4. Dec 3, 2019 at 2:53 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Yeah his name is Johnny. Goes by airblastr on YouTube and Instagram. Very active and easy to get a hold of. I'm sure he can help. I can't really as I've never done it. I kind of think you wont be able to use the remote bit the goggles likely yes.

5. Dec 3, 2019 at 3:10 PM
    95 taco

95 taco [OP] Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    He’s actually changed to @_blastr FYI

Blackdawg[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 4, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    Yeah i found that and messaged him. Haven't gotten a response yet

7. Jan 6, 2020 at 2:16 PM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    BuzzardsGottaEat likes this.
  8. Jan 26, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    PasswordIsTaco123 likes this.
  9. Jan 27, 2020 at 3:54 PM
    PasswordIsTaco123

PasswordIsTaco123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRDOR
    2015 Silver Bullet Taco Installed: 5100's W OME887's +1/4leanspacer Toytec Boss Rear shocks Headstrong AAL + 1/2in block Ubolt Flip W superbumps Front Superbumps CB drop kit 4runner Trail Edition 17in Wheels Tires: Falken Wildpeak At3 C-load 275/70/17 Hooke Road Roof Rack Have but may/may not install Ex rear brake lines diff drop
    I’ve gotten to use an a7r3 at work for the last couple years and Sony’s are great and the color is great, we wanted to try something a little different too recently so that we could get some anamorphic lenses on, we just got an S1h and oh my how the dual native ISO is awesome esp for low light, total game changer esp with 4K 10 bit 422 color. Here’s some stacks i put together (some repeated frames)65089084-F3EC-4B86-B82F-DC4904E93C21.jpgBBA36C68-B3F0-4A8C-83E4-27C41E24C9DA.jpg 6C4B9164-B8F6-425B-A211-63D222FB37A7.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    MedlinAround[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Jan 28, 2020 at 6:24 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    I came from a Panasonic Lumix. Thought about the S1 for the 10 bit color but for how big that sucker is, went with the Sony. Most people that i work with/for aren't going to notice 10 bit color over 8 bit for now. That and i got a huge deal on the A7iii from the Zon. Got that sucker with a lens for $1700 tax and all.

11. Mar 9, 2020 at 5:48 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  12. Mar 23, 2020 at 9:11 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Has anyone ever had any trouble with only some audio playing on certain devices? I've rendered the last 2 projects out of Final Cut Pro that has had an interview overlay voice on them and the music audio works fine but only on some devices (Usually a little older phones) the interview voice of the person talking isn't playing. Plays perfectly fine on my device but on some peoples it won't. Both on Facebook and Youtube so it has to be the rendered file. Not sure where to start other than detaching the audio and moving it off the video file and trying it or something.

13. Mar 23, 2020 at 11:07 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Could be how the audio file was rendered. As in if it was a dual mono and is being summed to Mono then it will have cancelation because L+R = M. Due to this all signals that are the same amplify and all signals that are different can have cancelation. Older phones only have 1 speaker typically so likely summing to mono.

Just a guess.

14. Mar 24, 2020 at 6:50 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Hmmmm, interesting. I'm really just learning about the audio side of it all and have been trying to better my audio. Do you know exactly where I can change the settings in Final Cut pro to see if that's what it is. Seems like you may be on the right path the way it is sounding. I've narrowed it down to it being the Rode Wireless Go file because before I purchased these wireless microphones, my shotgun mic worked fine. The wireless Go work perfectly on newer phones, TV's, computers, etc. Just cant get the file to work on older devices.

15. Mar 24, 2020 at 8:55 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    no super familiar with that setup. But looks like its just a mono wireless setup. So it should be feeding a mono signal to the camera. That said, a lot of times in prosummer gear like that it'll record on both the L and R channels.

So if that is the case then it shouldn't cancel it should get 3dB louder when summed to mono. The music will be stereo and would have some cancelation but not enough to make it go away.

The audio file itself doesn't matter that much because when you export the video it gets baked into the video file in a new format. Which is likely h.264 I'd guess or .mov. So an AAC file likely and depending on how you have other things setup in the project. Your own export settings could be affecting something as well or project settings. But likely not the audio file itself.

16. Mar 24, 2020 at 9:17 AM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Adjusted the audio down in my camera. Use the Wireless Go so it doesn't peak. Have exported my rendered file (Which again works perfect on newer phones, my computer, etc) As a .mov file when its finished.

Have also tried as a smaller file, .m4v (i believe) just to try to render it as another file. Same thing.

You can barely hear talking every once in awhile on the older devices but it isn't loud or can make it up at all. Its very low and very distorted. I obviously lowered the background music audio during the speeches (using of the wireless go) and all you can hear in the video is the music declining, no speech audio.

17. Mar 24, 2020 at 10:18 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    what older device are you testing this on?

18. Mar 25, 2020 at 12:29 PM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Plays well on most new phones. I know different Iphone 6 & 7's, and Samsung Galaxys around 8 are having a problem with it coming through. Emailed Rode, they are having a hard time understanding what I'm trying to tell them (probably some foreign guy across the ocean reaponding to me) they keep replying like I'm using the rode wireless recording from the phones and I'm trying to explain to them its the playback of the video and it works on some devices that listen and some devices it doesn't. Here are the 2 videos below. Audio works fine on my new Samsung galaxy s20

https://youtu.be/tWHCBIzzKYc

https://youtu.be/RrDGXgiauPU

19. Mar 25, 2020 at 12:59 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Yeah its not Rodes fault.

You have a phase issue though for sure. Could tell instantly when listening back. The vocals are in both the L and R tracks but not in phase so they are canceling out when summed to mono. That's your problem.

Post a screen shot of the video session and the audio mixer.

20. Mar 25, 2020 at 2:12 PM
    MedlinAround

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Will try to get you one when i get home this evening. The video with the main interview is on the main timeline. The overlay video with broll and junk are over top of the interview video, and the background music is on the bottom of the timeline.
    Appreciate your help man.

Products Discussed in

To Top