1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VIN # says Frame Treatment Recall??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacomarustingaway, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Mar 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    tacomarustingaway

tacomarustingaway [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I typed my VIN # into the recall sticky link and here is what came up. I've already had my frame inspected twice over the past couple of years and they said it was fine despite obvious flaking and rot. There is zero protective coating or paint left on the frame and it's all bare metal. They NEVER offered to apply a corrosion protection coating. It's much worse now. Should I try again? What's with the expiration date of 10/31/2010? I was never contacted about this recall. 2001 Tacoma, single owner. Opinions appreciated.

LCS 90D- 2001 through 2004 Model Year Tacoma Frame Corrosion-Resistant Treatment.

CODE: 90D

This is a limited service campaign. Please contact your Toyota dealer and make an appointment to have your Tacoma's frame inspected and a corrossion-resistant treatment applied before 10/31/2010.

2. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    wouldnt hurt to try, ya might get a free undercoating out of it. if ya live somewhere where they salt the roads its a definite must,i undercoat the hell out of mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top