1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VolcomTacoma's Mod Day and B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by VolcomTacoma, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE COMING, FOR MY ADDRESS AND PHONE #. ALL ARE WELCOME!!!

Everyone coming feel free to bring whatever sides or drinks you wish. I will be making Hamburgers, Hot dogs, and BBQ Chicken. If you have a perference, bring it and I'll cook it, otherwise I'm cooking what I like.

A couple bodies have already spoken up about mods they want to get done...here's my rules, if you're taking wheels off to mess with stuff and/or whatever you're doing could potentially leave you stranded, there are only two spots available to do that, either in the garage or to the right of it, not blocking anyone in. Shit happens, but I don't want a bunch of guys stuck here while we try to track down a broken (insert expensive toyota part). Other than that, stay out of the upstairs, have fun, learn something new, and if the cat attacks, just scream at him or squirt some water or something, maybe play dead, I dunno.

Hey guys, so I've got a couple people that want some help on their trucks, so I figured I'd try to set up a day where we can all come by and hangout and work on stuff! I'm trying for early August, but it just depends when everyone can be off, so check your calenders and get back to me!

@PeeRunner
    @thebaker

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    SACTOWN, TRDrunner and thebaker like this.
  2. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:20 PM
    thebaker

thebaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    Can't Wait!!!!!

3. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:21 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I've got a jack and a pair of jackstands, a couple sets of tools, and electric Impact...can basically do most suspension components. 1 truck at a time in the garage and my driveway can fit 2 trucks but it's sloped so no suspension work please!

I'm thinking @PeeRunner we can set up out of the way on the driveway and put up my pop up around the truck to keep it semi cool

4. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    With the birth expected in the next few weeks, my calendar is unknown so I'll be a go/no go for all intensive purposes.
    @andrewgovan could use some help derpin' his emblems and maybe something else?
    @tacomgee has All Pro leafs he may need installed if he hasn't gotten into it yet.
    @Bentrodder is going to make us sandwiches.

I may or may not have Ride Rite bags needing to be installed, not sure when I'll get to ordering this, and may or may not have fogs to wire in.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    andrewgovan likes this.
  5. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    Can suspension work be done in the street or nay? Would be good to know beforehand that there is a zero chance of suspension work being done, or that it's limited.

6. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:26 PM
    Mademan925

Mademan925 Senor Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OFFROAD DCSB
    enough to go over stuff
    suspension work can be done anywhere
    [​IMG]

put me down as a maybe... Dont need anything done but willing to help

7. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:46 PM
    thebaker

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    Peerunner, how soon do you need the ride rites? I may be pulling mine off but I have to decide what I'm doing with the rear first.

8. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:46 PM
    CalTacoma09

CalTacoma09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Manteca, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Barcelona Red
    A lot of crap and too much money spent

Seeing this pic always makes me laugh. But me down as a maybe.

9. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    Interested! No rush on them, but before fall.

How many miles? Any issues? Price ballpark?

10. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:49 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    I'd prefer if we didn't do work in the street, parking might be a little limited since two nearby neighbors have like 4 cars each and they always park all around me.

But i think we can definitely get a couple trucks in and out of the garage relatively quickly. @thebaker shouldn't take more than I'd say 2 hours....and leaf swap will probably take an hour or two....if other people just want to pull in and work on their truck while I'm doing something else, that's fine too!

Just remember, no warranties here and if something happens, you can't come trying to sue me or something lol

T4RFTMFW likes this.
  11. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:52 PM
    DannyBFresco

DannyBFresco King Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    NorCal (Martinez) & LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport SWB
    Baja Kits +2 LT, Kings, 35" Falken AT3s, SUA
    I'm down. Not sure if I'll have anything to work on, but I can bring beer/food fersure

12. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Haha if you drive up here....eh....and do everything else first....and get it done in like 3 hours :)

13. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:54 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Yea I mean you guys can park up and down the street, I don't GAF, if we have 20 trucks show up, that's fine, there's a park across the street with loads of parking and we can just BBQ and get a rotation going of trucks lol.

14. Jul 6, 2015 at 3:54 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    If you wanna come by just to hang out, that's totally fine as well

15. Jul 6, 2015 at 4:13 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    :spy:

:anonymous:

:woot:

16. Jul 6, 2015 at 4:16 PM
    DannyBFresco

DannyBFresco King Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    NorCal (Martinez) & LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport SWB
    Baja Kits +2 LT, Kings, 35" Falken AT3s, SUA
    Sounds good to me!

17. Jul 6, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Ok so I'm thinking 1st or 2nd of August...I should have those days off, let me know if you guys are free then

18. Jul 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM
    thebaker

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    I could probably make the Saturday the 1st work but I'm definitely out on Sunday the 2nd. Sundays are the worst because its the busiest day of the week for me....(I'm a chef) :drunk:

19. Jul 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    Just realizing that we're talking August. Fuck.

I'll likely be home spending time with my first born and his/her mama. :D

Will play it by ear, but I'm down for another at a later date if I miss this one. I can't host (dat condo life doe), but otherwise willing to help when I have the time!

20. Jul 6, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Ok I'll throw down a tentative August 1st mod day

To Top