1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VSC and ABS lights in Dash

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by KBtacoma2009, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Dec 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    KBtacoma2009

KBtacoma2009 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    I have the VSC and ABS lights coming on intermintenly in dash. Not sure what is causing this. Have taken it to a auto shop, pulled codes, claimed they knew the issue, replaced a ground wire, sent me on my way. Not even 2hrs later lights were back on in dash. Seems to also be riding a lot more rough then usual.

Any ideas, please?

2. Dec 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Try checking out your wheel speed sensors, see if they are in place, tight, and the electrical connections are good.

3. Dec 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    KBtacoma2009

KBtacoma2009 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Mechanic said he would try and re clibrate a few sensors, came back and said that it is reading as if my truck was flipping over, but while its parked, and it will not allow its self to be recalibrated. Says I need to replace the yaw sensor, and it'll cost 600-700 just for the part. Does this sound right? I am skeptical of his answer, and am not really looking to spend that much money on something unless it'll fix my problem.

4. Dec 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    The yaw rate sensor failure sounds plausible, but I won't swear to it since I can't check the truck myself. It measures "skid" for lack of a better term. Imagine a line drawn straight thru your truck from center of front bumper to center of rear bumper. Any deviation from that center line while still moving in a straight line is your "Yaw Rate" and is used to calculate if the ABS system needs to activate to help maintain control.

5. Dec 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    itsjeffsmith

itsjeffsmith Young Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OFF ROAD SR5 4x4
    3'' Rough Country suspension lift
    I have the same problem on my 09 tacoma too.

6. Jan 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    itsjeffsmith

itsjeffsmith Young Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OFF ROAD SR5 4x4
    3'' Rough Country suspension lift
    i actually took mine to the dealership and he said i needed a new speed sensor so hopefully hes right cuz thats over $400!

Products Discussed in

To Top