1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want 33's... How much lift do I need????

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by L_Jackson, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Sep 11, 2007 at 6:28 AM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    what is the min. lift you need to put on 33's???

don't get me wrong, i like the look of the 3" lift.... but maybe not for me...

i have been thinkin about a 1" or 2" lift.... anyone done that??? prolly can't put on 33s tho huh?

and i dont even know the diff. in a suspension lift or body lift.... never lifted a truck before..... never had the money to mod. a truck before, i love puttin money in my truck!!!

thanks guys

2. Sep 11, 2007 at 7:36 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i'm pretty sure that for 33's to not rub really bad, u'd need atleast 3". and then some people have still said the get minimal rubbing w/ that.

3. Nov 4, 2007 at 7:22 PM
    mbarr

mbarr mgb2

Member:
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    06' PreRunner X-SP
    3" Pro-Comp lift. 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. 20x9 Driv Growler (-12) wheels. T-Rex billet grills. 8" shorty radio antenna. K&N Cold Air intake. Husky Liner floor mats and Crabon Fiber dash. TRD Exhaust, Skid Plate, & Shifter.
    Pro-Comp has a nice and simple leveling kit for around $200 which allows you to fit 33" tires on the front of the truck with no rubbung issues. The rear can already fit 33" tires with no problem.

4. Nov 4, 2007 at 7:44 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    if all ur wanting is leveling, u can get a 2.5" spacer lift for the front for $70-75

EDIT: oh, and samuel L. Jackson already has the lift and tires...lol

5. Nov 4, 2007 at 8:13 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i need to get that leveling kit after my TSB is done, i don't want it to bring up any problems with front spacers on there when i take it in

6. Nov 4, 2007 at 10:48 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    samuel L. Jackson.... TOO FUNNY haha, that really made me lol.... good one hodge...

actually took my name from cool hand luke, those of you that seen the movie 1/4 as many times as i have will remember the line, "we have here one lucas jackson.... cutting the heads off parking meters???...."

7. Nov 5, 2007 at 7:40 AM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    Great movie! I realized a while back that I work with heathens when I used the line "what we have here is a failure to communicate" and got blank stares.

Products Discussed in

To Top