1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want to lift my Tacoma... will it void warranty?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by willtotheumm, May 18, 2010.

1. May 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    willtotheumm

willtotheumm [OP] Yo Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Lunar Mist DC TRD Offroad PreRunner V6
    K&N intake. That is all. For now...
    Wanting to lift my 03 Taco 3". Bought it off a car lot. Paying for the Ownerguard insurance incase anything happens to the engine and whatnot. (used and lowish miles... still wanted to get it).

So i'm looking at lift kits and want to make sure that the warranty i'm paying for won't be voided. It says the following:

"
    (Explains that it covers Engine, Trans/Transfer case, Seals/gaskets.)
    ANY PART NOT LISTED ABOVE IS NOT COVERED

General Contract Exclusions

This service contract does not cover the following parts, services, conditions or events:

11. Repair or replacement and/or any loss caused by, or related to, any mechanical or vehicle alteration and/or modification not recommended by the manufacturer of Your Vehicle. This would include, but i ot limited to, the installation of any high performance equipment, lift/lowering kits, incorrect tires/wheels or removal of any emission devices. "

So I understand that if I lift my truck, lower it, anything that isnt covered is just that... not covered. So if I got a lift and a strut broke and jacked some stuff up, they won't pay for it.

But if I get it, will it void the warranty altogether? I see brand new trucks get heavily modified with no issues.

Its my first vehicle off the lot so i'm very unsure lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top