1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want to lower my 08 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Accokeekian, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Feb 23, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    Accokeekian

Accokeekian [OP] New Member

Member:
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4 door
    Billet Grille Chrome Nerf bars Hood protector Rain guards
    I have a black 08 tacoma with etended cab 4 X 2 with chrome running boards and chrome billet grille and black spoke 17" wheels and black diamond plate low profile toolbox. I would like to lower my truck but cannot afford to spend $800.00 and up. Has anyone used the coil spring clamps that J.C Whitney says will lower the front end up to 3". I have leaf springs on the rear. Any suggestions.

2. Feb 23, 2009 at 5:40 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    I don't have an answer for you but Welcome to TW ! !!!! Someone will have the answer you need soon:)

3. Feb 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic gray TRD sport (SOLD) 2004 Radiant Red TRD Off Road (SOLD)
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD! Waiting for the 3rd Gen!
    I wouldnt use coil spring clamps period. Used them on my honda and one of them eventualy broke due to the pressure from the springs. I was driving at that time and it hit the inside part of the fender. The end result was a nice big zit on my front passenger fender.

4. Feb 23, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    highenuff

highenuff Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5
    3 inch pro comp lift, 5 %tinted windows, coming soon bushwacker fender flares 18 atx thug rims 31" nitto terra grappler tires
    you could get a body shop to cut your springs down a little i did it before on a 00 cavalier...but wouldnt recommend it will cause long term damage to the struts and so on...but if your only keeping it a year or two then rock on its someone elses problem right

5. Feb 23, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Don't cut them! It's terrible! If you can resist the urge until you know you can't get lowering springs and leaves.

I say try to find decent lowering springs and leaves for a good price first then you could try and cut them.

Products Discussed in

To Top