1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WANTED: X-Runner TRD BBK PTR09-35050

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by ChasinCloudz, May 13, 2021.

1. May 13, 2021 at 11:33 PM
    ChasinCloudz

ChasinCloudz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eli
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma X-Runner Speedway Blue
    TRD Gen 1 CAI URD Spec-U Exhaust URD Short Shifter URD Lightweight Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydraulic Throw-out Bearing Clutch Masters FX100 Clutch Kit Exhaust Cam gears Toyota 1GR Oil Cooler Kit StopTech SS Braided Brake Lines Front and Rear Black housing headlights Smoked 2.5 Gen Tail lights Bak-Flip G2 Tonneau Cover Pop-N-Lock (Bolt Lock) w/ camera from camera-source.com Kenwood DDX26BT Rexing V1P Front/rear dash-cam Relentless Fabrication tailgate reinforcement Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners 4x4 leafs to drop rear Alcantara Shift Boot Cover Tomei Shift Knob
    Hi Everyone,

I've been searching high and low for the TRD BBK for the X-Runner(at least just the calipers and brackets). I don't want to purchase the StopTech kit nor am I looking for anything 'new'. Specifically looking for a used 'TRD' name.

I'm hoping someone on here has the kit, or knows someone with the kit, in good condition and not repainted or powdered and is willing to sell for a reasonable price. (I'm just picky like that and want to match the 'used' condition the truck is in [same reason I searched for a used BakFlip cover]).

If anyone frequents junkyards and happens to spot them and not need them, you'd be a saint if you pull them for me and hit me up. :D

I've posted this feeler in XRU and the FB group a while back and got nothing.

PS: It's not urgent, I don't want to do cheaper swap kits, etc. Looking for this kit purely for simplicity so I don't have to remember which rotors and which pads I need to get the next time I have to do brakes with the TRD name.

Thank you in advance!

2. Jun 5, 2021 at 1:10 AM
    ChasinCloudz

ChasinCloudz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eli
    Vehicle:
    TRD Gen 1 CAI URD Spec-U Exhaust URD Short Shifter URD Lightweight Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydraulic Throw-out Bearing Clutch Masters FX100 Clutch Kit Exhaust Cam gears Toyota 1GR Oil Cooler Kit StopTech SS Braided Brake Lines Front and Rear Black housing headlights Smoked 2.5 Gen Tail lights Bak-Flip G2 Tonneau Cover Pop-N-Lock (Bolt Lock) w/ camera from camera-source.com Kenwood DDX26BT Rexing V1P Front/rear dash-cam Relentless Fabrication tailgate reinforcement Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners 4x4 leafs to drop rear Alcantara Shift Boot Cover Tomei Shift Knob
    Update: Ended up FINDING and BUYING a TRD S/C. Some missing parts from the sub-assembly that I have to source. But before that gets installed, I'd like to be able to stop first LOL. The urgency for the BBK is coming up faster.

3. Aug 12, 2021 at 9:35 AM
    ChasinCloudz

ChasinCloudz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eli
    Vehicle:
    Final update:
    Thanks to Devan08 on XRU, I have the TRD brakes now and are mounted on my XR. They really should have made the truck stock with these because it fixes the brake bias. Thanks for stopping by and to those who may have searched for me.

4. Feb 8, 2022 at 2:55 PM
    Hypertaco

Hypertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Garner, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma x-runner
    2012 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner TRD Pro Grill Magnuson S/C with TRD Flash and HPTUNER Tune Innovate Dual Gauge (Boost,EFR) (Not installed) Innovate Oil Pressure/temp Gauge (Not installed) Scangauge II Ultra Performance Thermostat from URD (not installed) 255 Fuel Pump from URD (not installed) JBA Exhaust URD CAI URS SS 6 speed TRD Shift Knob Leather Interior Custom Gauge Face for Speedometer from Blackcatcustom with X-Runner logo Blue LED's in gauge cluster with White Needles Tesla Style PX6 Android 9 12.1" Radio Custom Stereo Enclosure with Opt7 Led's Sundown X8 subwoofer Rockford Fosgate Component's Rockford Two ways 2 Alpine X-Power amps Bluetooth Stereo with Rockford 2-way in bed 19x10.5 Varrstoen ES9's Black 285/35/19 Indy 500's Gaylord Speedsturr Bed Cover Feal Coilvers - removed XII lowering Leafs - removed QA1 rear shocks - removed Back to brand new factory suspsension Kenwood Motorcycle Mount Bluetooth Stereo in the bed with 400w amp and Rockford speakers Wireless phone charger thanks to ThreatLevelMidnight

Are there any more TRD BBK's around?

5. Feb 16, 2022 at 8:44 AM
    EdgemanVA

EdgemanVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2008 X-Runner
    Several
    You can buy the kits from URD, although those don't have the Toyota logo. I believe the original BBK was a StopTech kit, and URD currently has them on sale for $1800.

Hypertaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Feb 16, 2022 at 8:51 AM
    Hypertaco

Hypertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Garner, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma x-runner
    2012 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner TRD Pro Grill Magnuson S/C with TRD Flash and HPTUNER Tune Innovate Dual Gauge (Boost,EFR) (Not installed) Innovate Oil Pressure/temp Gauge (Not installed) Scangauge II Ultra Performance Thermostat from URD (not installed) 255 Fuel Pump from URD (not installed) JBA Exhaust URD CAI URS SS 6 speed TRD Shift Knob Leather Interior Custom Gauge Face for Speedometer from Blackcatcustom with X-Runner logo Blue LED's in gauge cluster with White Needles Tesla Style PX6 Android 9 12.1" Radio Custom Stereo Enclosure with Opt7 Led's Sundown X8 subwoofer Rockford Fosgate Component's Rockford Two ways 2 Alpine X-Power amps Bluetooth Stereo with Rockford 2-way in bed 19x10.5 Varrstoen ES9's Black 285/35/19 Indy 500's Gaylord Speedsturr Bed Cover Feal Coilvers - removed XII lowering Leafs - removed QA1 rear shocks - removed Back to brand new factory suspsension Kenwood Motorcycle Mount Bluetooth Stereo in the bed with 400w amp and Rockford speakers Wireless phone charger thanks to ThreatLevelMidnight
    I am thinking of doing the LS460 deal on XAT Racing. I have heard a lot of good things about it. Still not sure. I just know I'll need better brakes at some point.

7. Feb 16, 2022 at 8:54 AM
    prise

prise AZ's Toaster Strudel Low T Andrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Prise
    Vehicle:
    Rally Runner 04 GX470
    I plan on doing the kit from XAT. only way to get a TRD setup is gonna be used and really lucky. Otherwise, Stop Tech and the XAT are your best options. Another middle-of-the-pack upgrade is the Tundra brake conversion.

Hypertaco[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top