1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanting Better Lift

Discussion in 'HeadStrong Off-Road' started by 58LesPaul, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Jan 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM
    58LesPaul

58LesPaul [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    2" Lift
    I currently have spacers on the front and blocks on the back. It seems I have about a 2" lift but I am wanting to go with 5100's coilovers and AAL. Currently my hub center to fender on the front is 22" and on the rear is 24". I would like to get the rake down to 1" and don't want the front any higher than it is now.

I'm looking at this kit,

http://www.headstrongoffroad.com/store/p440/Coil/Bilstein_5100_Kit_-_(HS05BK-1).html

With 884's and 5100's set at 0 will give me 2"? But the Deaver single AAL will give me 1 1/2" to 2 inches. What options are available on the rear to keep it to between 1" and 1 1/2"?

Thanks

2. Jan 2, 2017 at 6:28 PM
    HeadStrong Off-Road

HeadStrong Off-Road Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma and 2019 4Runner
    Good afternoon 58LesPaul,

I am sure you saw that we were closed for the holidays. I am back in now and ready to help.

How tall of a block do you have?

It is always hard to say exactly how much lift you will gain from any one coil because so many factors come into play like condition of the factory components, trim of truck, and any add-ons or additional options you may have. With that being said the OME 884 coils will provide approx. 2" of lift on a stock 2005-2015 double cab 4x4.

The aal will provide around 1.5"-2" of rear lift but depending on how large the block is, you may see that your truck go down in the rear.

There really isn't a lift option for 1" other then a 1" block. You could go with our 3-leaf progressive add-a-leaf which can be configured to provide around 1.5" of lift.

I find it helpful to provide my customers with this comparison of the add-a-leafs so you can narrow down which one you feel would best suit your needs:

The single AAL is both thicker and arched more than the initial leaf in the 3 leaf AAL. Though the 3 leaf AAL has more steel overall, the first leaf in the mini pack does not engage as quickly as the single AAL does. In fact the single AAL is arched to a point where it re-arches the existing factory packs upon assembly and thus engages immediately. The 3 leaf AAL has less arch and complies with the arch of the factory packs. So although the first leaf in the 3 leaf AAL will provide some support with the smaller bumps, it won’t provide as much as the single AAL will, which translates to a slightly stiffer on-road ride. And as far as the 2nd and 3rd leafs in the 3 leaf AAL, these will only come into play until the factory packs are flexed far enough to engage them. This will happen more so over the bigger bumps or when off-roading. The single leaf provides approx. 1.5"-2" of lift and the 3-leaf provides approx. 1.5" of lift with the factory overload removed and approx. 2" with it retained. Now the performance and capabilities of any of the add-a-leafs still do rely on the factory leaf pack and its capabilities and wareability.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Thank you so much.

Bravisimo and diabetiktaco like this.
To Top