1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warm South

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TRD Larry, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Feb 14, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Left snowy cold PA. for the warm and sun of Fla. Visiting my daughter in the St. Augustine area. Planning on going to the Daytona 500 on Sunday. It is not hot summer weather but I will take the 70's and sun for the cold north. Driving down hghway 1 yesterday I saw some nice Tacomas in a couple of miles. I plan to stop at Coggins while I'm here to see what he has on the lot. Usually he has a couple of trucks with after market parts installed. Don't get to see that up north. The dealers there don't know what it means to setup a truck then display it to bring in the people. You drive past the dealer here you see the trucks are lifted, big tires, all the goodies. The last time I was here Coggins had a Tacoma with the 20" Enikies (however you spell it).
    I saw a black tacoma DC with the black wheels and chrome lip, looked pretty good. I have a black truck and never considered black wheels, but after seeing that one yesterday I'm reconsidering my thinking.

I better get going, plan on cutting the grass and some shrub trimming to help my daughter out. She is not much for yard work. You guys have it nice down here with the weather.

2. Feb 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    flavalk

flavalk 2-Broke 2-Care

Member:
    Orlando, Florida via Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab 2WD - Short Bed - Automatic- Silver Mica
    Not much. Toyota bed mat, Toyota step bars, tinted windows, Toyota seat covers, Toyota all-weather mats, quart of Wild Turkey in the glove box, KelTec PT3AT in the center console, backseat full of old speeding tickets
    Thanks, we kinda like this weather. It did cool down quite a bit this week though...down in the 70's! BRRRRR. Last week it was 80+. I'll be going to the Daytona 500 as well. We have seats directly across from pit row about 30 rows up. I'll probably see you there (yeah, right!) :D

3. Feb 14, 2008 at 1:06 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    My buddy throws a big party at his house, 350 clams, chili, BEER, deviled eggs, OMG :eek: it smells like ass for hours :( go 55 !

4. Feb 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    hey larry.....if you are up my way on your way back.......let me know......and you can stop in for a beer or 3!!!:)

5. Feb 14, 2008 at 2:53 PM
    kwalton

kwalton Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, Md
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Sport 4x4
    florida is the best. it has been cold (for us with thin blood disease) though this week. should probably enjoy it while it lasts; summer is coming soon!

6. Feb 15, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    tacomaman06 thanks for the beer, hard for me to pass up a beer, but flying back not driving. Can't remember where our seats are this year, but I do know we are sitting farther up, last year too close to the fence, hard to see the track.
    I do like this weather, last year we froze at Daytona, said it was the coldest race ever, this year has got to be better. Hate the late start, if they want to run it under the lights then start it at 7pm and be done.
    I too have thin blood, that is why the nothern weather is getting harder to take each year. The hot humid summers done here don't bother me, I love it. My daughter eas smart, not like her old man and moved south when she was young. The good thing is I have a place to go. try to get down here every couple of months. believe it or not I like the summers better. But I will take this when I left Pgh. it was snowing and the temps were in single digits and below. I know it is a little cooler her than normal, but i will take it. I envy you guys in the warm climate.

7. Feb 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

well.....it never hurts to ask:D!!!

8. Feb 15, 2008 at 8:55 PM
    mags

mags Member

Member:
    Bremen, GA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    I am all for southern hospitality, but I really wish northerners would stop moving to the greater Atlanta area. The traffic is bad enough as is and I have almost lost my accent.

9. Feb 16, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    I know it's great in without all the snow all the time, but I miss seeing it.

Products Discussed in

To Top