1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warn 8000 winch Q

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bowyer2002, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jul 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    bowyer2002

bowyer2002 [OP] always tinkering

Member:
    NE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco SR5 D-cab 4WD
    OME 882s, OME shocks all around and OME Dakar spring packs, ARB, Warn 8000, ARE shell, Custom rear bumper w/ reciever, 5-235/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on FJ wheels, grey wire mod, Hi-Lift, Hellas, Red-Line hood lifters, Scion radio, sliders, Safari snorkel & LED Ditch lights on CBI mounts.
    My Warn 8000# winch is acting up, it will feed out fine but will only feed in intermittantly.
    It is mounted in my ARB bumper so I'd rather not have to remove the bumper to fool with the winch. I think it is within the solenoid - which is mounted outside of the bumper.
    Any suggestions on which way to proceed?
    Thanks!

2. Jul 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    i have absolutely zero experience with winches but id say do what you can as it sits and see if you can fix it

otherwise your probably gonna have to go deeper

Products Discussed in

To Top