1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

warn M8000 install in CBI moab front bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by 907taco, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:04 PM
    907taco

907taco [OP] Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    after installing my yellow top optima recently i finally am able to hook up my winch, after getting ready to hook up wires and contol box i realized that there wasn't much room to put the box in the normal place (far left of winch)
    [​IMG]

I spoke with steve at CBI and he said most people place under the hood, I did not want to have to open the hood everytime i want or need to use the winch so a few beers later i decided to mount the box to my grillecraft

[​IMG]

I had to open the cover and re arrange wire so they come out the bottom of box instead of the top rear.

i used the existing bolt/nut and attached to grill, i also re drilled holes for driving lights and moved them over 2" for the box to fit inbetween lights as they would not fit. of course i found out after i had attached it to the grille, so another beer and some drilling

[​IMG]

i had to extend the ground from box to motor ground, i needed the excess wire for it to reach the box using some butt conectors and added then added a snap connector for easy removal (repairs etc...)

[​IMG]

once i had the correct length i followed the instructions from warn, cable tied the wires, hooked up to battery and everything works. I also added my hook tied off to shackle.
    These last 4 photos are what it looks like now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot wait to test this out on a few tree stumps in the yard tomorrow.

2. Sep 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    Fiolo

Fiolo Senior member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, 2022 Tacoma, 2019 L5P Duramax
    Lost track many mods ago
    NICE BUMPER MAN, IT LOOKS GREAT

Products Discussed in

To Top