1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

warn M8000 install in CBI moab front bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by 907taco, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:04 PM
    907taco

907taco [OP] Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    after installing my yellow top optima recently i finally am able to hook up my winch, after getting ready to hook up wires and contol box i realized that there wasn't much room to put the box in the normal place (far left of winch)
    [​IMG]

I spoke with steve at CBI and he said most people place under the hood, I did not want to have to open the hood everytime i want or need to use the winch so a few beers later i decided to mount the box to my grillecraft

[​IMG]

I had to open the cover and re arrange wire so they come out the bottom of box instead of the top rear.

i used the existing bolt/nut and attached to grill, i also re drilled holes for driving lights and moved them over 2" for the box to fit inbetween lights as they would not fit. of course i found out after i had attached it to the grille, so another beer and some drilling

[​IMG]

i had to extend the ground from box to motor ground, i needed the excess wire for it to reach the box using some butt conectors and added then added a snap connector for easy removal (repairs etc...)

[​IMG]

once i had the correct length i followed the instructions from warn, cable tied the wires, hooked up to battery and everything works. I also added my hook tied off to shackle.
    These last 4 photos are what it looks like now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot wait to test this out on a few tree stumps in the yard tomorrow.

2. Sep 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    Fiolo

Fiolo Senior member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    98 Regular cab lifted 4wd
    Lost track many mods ago
    NICE BUMPER MAN, IT LOOKS GREAT

To Top