1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warrenty

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blacksandpearl, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Sep 6, 2007 at 5:12 PM
    blacksandpearl

blacksandpearl [OP] Member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 Prerunner Dbl. Cab
    I am not too familiar with third party accessories.

If it is not installed by a certified Toyota dealership, does it void the warranty? (i.e. engine parts, lift kits, rims, vinyls, lights, etc.)

2. Sep 6, 2007 at 7:51 PM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    From what I've read that others have posted, the warranty will not be voided unless Toyota can prove that the mod (lift kit, whatever) is what caused the problem.

3. Sep 6, 2007 at 8:51 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    Ya there were laws past to make sure aftermarket accessories wont void your warrenty.

4. Sep 6, 2007 at 10:56 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Google Magnusson-Moss act.

5. Sep 7, 2007 at 2:52 AM
    ellsworth

ellsworth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Buffalo
    Vehicle:
    08' off rd 6 speed
    6 inch Fabtech, st stabilizers, 18x9 DC -1s 305/65/18 bfg at's
    Its a case by case base...Alter a stock suspension and try to get a wheel bearing covered..Add a cold air and try to get a lean code S.E.S. light turned out or a skewed map reading drivability concern to be paid for by a manufacturer..Whoever tells you altering a stock anything wont void a warranty is WRONG...Some manufacturers are just nicer than others.

6. Sep 7, 2007 at 7:47 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    By law, it is up to the dealership to prove that the part caused the problem. In reality though, i have a feeling it will cause you problems. If your differential is leaking and you have a lift on the truck, their gonna blame the lift and not honor the warrenty. you can always take them to court but they are probably banking on the fact that you wont, and if you do, then i'm sure they have good lawyers. either way, i would go into any mod with the mindset that if there are problems, the dealership will try to screw you.

However, a mod will not void your entire warrenty. For example, if you put a lift on you truck and the engine blows 5000 miles later, there is no way they can blame that on the lift and they will replace it. Basically, if there is any way on Gods green earth that your mod could possibly, maybe cause the issue, they will try to get out of it.

Unfortunately we live in the real world....

7. Sep 7, 2007 at 5:49 PM
    ellsworth

ellsworth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Buffalo
    Vehicle:
    08' off rd 6 speed
    6 inch Fabtech, st stabilizers, 18x9 DC -1s 305/65/18 bfg at's
    bottom line...Alter it and roll the dice...I always say the way out and the pay out..mass produced vehicles are made well, for the masses...We all would not be conversing if we were going to leave well enough alone..Stock is as boring as well, stock.. I bought a toyota for the quality and reputation..Had a sonoma zr2 on a fabtech 6" and a 3" body/bumper with 35 14.50 on hellcat centerlines...Truck looked badass period..debadged it and tinted so illegal I had to look out roll the window down at night to back the bed into my garage..(low door)..The dealer (where I have true friends at who wrench) tried to help with warranty but when the GM rep gets invloved....AH NO..I would never lift my new toyota that high...Unless your truly gonna trail it alot the only thing its good for is burning gas..I still think a 33 12.5 is perfect for dirt roads and camping and normal sane off roading..If your needs exceed that, build a trail truck and trailer it...Oh yeah, the real reason I dumped the Sonoma? A neighbors daughter loved it and when she offered to buy it and her dad oked it..What the hell, I was already wondering why I never heard anyone say I hate my toyota..In fact, people I know who have them ALL love them. ENOUGH ALREADY...Sorry for ranting......

8. Sep 7, 2007 at 10:04 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    I agree, it all depends how far you go with your modifications. I would be harder for Toyota to say a 3"lift caused a problem, than a 6" plus body lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top