1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wax concentrate for hose type car wash sprayers?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Caslon, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Jun 26, 2020 at 9:05 PM
    Caslon

Caslon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Base Cab. 2 whl drive. 5 speed
    I have a Mr. Clean Auto Wash (discontinued) that attaches to a hose. It has a soap container built in. I have the wash concentrate for it. I would like to add a little of the soap, run it out dry, then pour in some wax concentrate and spray that on, then turn the Mr. Clean dial to wipe-less setting and rinse off the wax. The filter in it makes it a no need to wipe dry spot-free rinse.
    Does anyone have a similar setup where I can purchase just the concentrated wax? Or something similar I can add to the Mr. Clean soap reservoir? I realize I would have to experiment with how much concentrated wax to add. Don't wanna spend too much for it.

2. Jun 26, 2020 at 10:02 PM
    gorram

gorram Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    Are you trying to go touchless with both the wash and the wax application? Not sure there are great options for either process but the ones that come to mind are a Griots system but I believe it's meant to be delivered from a foam cannon via pressure washer. and I remember people being underwhelmed by them considering the price. You just can't clean a dirty car without contact it so it kind of defeats the point other than washing a relatively clean car to start with. Applying any protection to a soaking wet surface is generally also going to be meh and you really need to have a good foundation of protection or you're just dumping product down the drain.

However something like CarPro Hydro2 or McKees37 Hydro Blue is a very good option for protection which is spritz on and rinse off. They both are available in already diluted or concentrated forms but you'd likely want to stick with applying it with a spray bottle. These were meant to be activated with water and are not inexpensive either, to get good results with such an easy application means pricier.

Filter sound like it must be deionizing resin? That will still need to be changed or refreshed regularly to stay spot free. Another option that is not cheap but that is the trade off for now toweling off paint that wasn't cleaned well enough on the wash stage.

NMTrailRider likes this.
  3. Jun 26, 2020 at 10:15 PM
    Caslon

Caslon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Base Cab. 2 whl drive. 5 speed
    Ya, those Mr.Clean ionizer cartridges are going for insane prices now that they are discontinued. Luckily, I bought this system way way back when the ionizer cartridges were reasonably priced. This cartridge is new and has 10 uses, the original cartridge that came with the starter kit had only 3 uses. About the car being wet after washing and rinsing. Lots of today's squeeze spray on waxes allow the car to still be wet when applying the wax. Also, I had already checked out those two concentrates you mentioned but was hoping there was a smaller size that came with their hose connect car washing sprayer. I guess not. Most of those concentrates are both wash and wax in one. I already have the soap concentrate.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  4. Jul 10, 2020 at 9:07 AM
    TacoFergie

TacoFergie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Iowa
    How dirty is the truck when you "wash" it? I have been using American Detailer Garage (ADG) Wipeout (at its recommended dilution) mixed with Valor (sealant) at about 50/50 for about 1 year now with fantastic results and no additional swirls in the paint. Wipeout is similar to ONR and is a very versatile and gentle cleaner designed to encapsulate dirt and debris. I just simply have a 32oz bottle mixed up, spray the panel down, wipe with a Rag Company Everest towel, buff with a Rag Company Miner, flip the towel for the next panel and keep on moving. I notice that if I have a higher percentage of Valor it will streak a little in the sun, simple fix...add more Wipeout. I like this because it has been proven safe for my needs and provides some protection at every wash. I have also tried ONR Wash and Wax (green stuff) but wasn't very impressed, thats my opinion though, it just didn't add much pop or notable water beading/sheeting performance. As for a touchless, there aren't many options as it's difficult to avoid water spots without drying (which is touching to me) and there is simply some crud that just will not come off without a wash mitt. There have been some really good reviews for Turtle Wax's new Ceramic Wash. Also I have enjoyed P&S Pearl Shampoo as it is very slick and doesn't water spot much, but I don't think it has any added protection.

Products Discussed in

To Top