1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

We installed a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS and want the Back camera to work in the radio.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pappa, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:54 AM
    pappa

pappa [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010PreRunner
    Added cruise control, bug deflector
    My son installed a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS in my 2010 Tacoma. One of the main features that I wanted was the back up camera in the radio. (The one in the mirror is very small). It doesn't work and we checked for input on all the wires. We used the Maestro ADS-MRR Universal Radio Replacement and Steering Wheel Interface. Any one with any suggestions or maybe a wiring diagram for the backup camera. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jan 28, 2019 at 10:48 AM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB 4WD
    I'm not much help since my '05 didn't come with a tailgate camera. I had to buy a popnlock and installed an aftermarket camera to it to feed into my Kenwood. I'm running both front and rear cameras but it was an easy install since aftermarkets cameras are 12V with video rca inputs, unlike the OEM 6V camera. This video seems to be most popular among those installing aftermarket HU with OEM cameras.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aULuiHvdjc.

3. Jan 29, 2019 at 12:18 PM
    AuDigger

AuDigger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 Evergreen Pearl 5-lug Extracab
    I had a 2800 in for awhile and then switched to the 3800 so I could have a front camera also. I also used an aftermarket camera since my truck didn't come with one. However, it did take me awhile to get the right video signal selected in the menu. If you have the manual (or search online) there is a section on selecting the right signal. Not sure if this will work for the factory camera (above video may have solved your problem - I didn't watch it) but it is worth a shot if you haven't fixed it yet.

4. Feb 11, 2019 at 10:38 AM
    pappa

pappa [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010PreRunner
    Added cruise control, bug deflector
    It took awhile but we had to splice into the wires that hooked into my mirror which is what I used before this. We found the wires in the left hand pillar and spiced into these. Then we got the power from behind the glove compartment. A lot of testing but it was well worth it. Because we used a Maestro module we flashed and can control both my radio and telephone of the radio controls in the steering wheel. After we finally got every thing working right my son told me my Tacoma wasn't welcome in his garage anymore. LOL

Products Discussed in

To Top