1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

weather tech customer service

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by daggertats, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    daggertats

daggertats [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    back on oct 7th i ordered some window visors for my truck from weathertech.com. on the 8th i was told they were backordered and would ship 2-3 weeks. no biggie. well today i called em cause i hadnt heard anything. gave them my order # and was told they were on backorder till early dec. told them i already received an email stating 2-3 weeks back on the 8th so he done more research and said yes backordered till dec. told him to cancel it as i didnt mind waiting 3 weeks but i felt this was far too long. they didnt even try to do anything to keep the sale. half of shipping maybe? free shipping? not that i wanted something for nothing but i woulda thought customer service should have been a little better. :(

2. Nov 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Customer service is big in my book.

I tell them (vendors) that if they treat me well I will tell 20 people. If they do me wrong I will tell 40.

3. Nov 1, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Weird , I ordered mine from Weathertech Canada about 3 weeks ago and had them in 10 days .

4. Nov 2, 2010 at 8:23 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    That sux, I wanted to pick some up in the next week or two. Did any online vendors have some in stock, or do they all just have them dropshipped from WT?

5. Nov 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    Agent Smith

Agent Smith Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad Ivan Stewart Edition
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    Unless something has changed since I bought mine, the window visors are made in Germany for Weathertech. Weathertech makes everything else here in the US. For those waiting for them, they are worth the wait, I love mine.

6. Nov 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I can't say anything bad about them, i thought their customer service was great. Anyways, buy from cabelas, they sell weathertech digital fits that are re-branded with a cabelas badge

7. Nov 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    daggertats

daggertats [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    i went to stylintrucks.com and they had a wait on them into november sometime too. anyways i wound up ordering the egr ones off autoanything. i seen them on a post in here and the guy who had em said he loves em and had no issues

8. Nov 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    If their vendor tells them they will be here in 3 weeks, and they don't show up, what would you like them to do? I understand your frustration but I wouldn't expect them to start throwning money at you. They want to sell to you. You want to buy. Problem is...no product. Wouldn't make business sense for them to start throwning you margin so you will maybe buy a product they're going to pay full vendor price for at some point in the future. It's not like they're losing a sale since they have no product to sell anyway.

I wouldn't call it a CS problem. I'd call it a merchandising/vendor relations problem.

9. Nov 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    I'm sure mine were in a supply warehouse somewhere, but I ordered mine from my wifes dealership, and were delivered the next day, BTW I love them.

10. Nov 2, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    The only thing I have bad to say is it takes SO long. I bought my wife some floor liners from them for the her 2010 4Runner Limited 4x4. I ordered them almosy 2 months ago and they came in yesterday. They keep telling me that my order had processed and that it would be 7 days...they told me that everytime I called...which was every 7 days.

11. Nov 2, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    When I bought my liners from Weather Tech they arrived around 2.5 weeks after I ordered them. Not bad, considering that I live in Hawaii and pretty much everything takes a bit longer to ship. It took around the same time when I bought a set of liners for my 4Runner also.

Products Discussed in

To Top