1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight before or after suspension

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Photosozo, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Aug 19, 2016 at 9:36 AM
    Photosozo

Photosozo [OP] Member

Member:
    I plan on getting aftermarket suspension, Either Toytec Boss Perf or OME BP51. I only have one shot as of course can't afford multiple suspsensions :p

Question is, I do plan on doing some addons to my vehicle, like a winch, replace plastic front valance with steel one, rock sliders, probably bed rack or cover or box etc. Is there an issue to get suspension installed, then add weight afterwards to a vehicle to where it may not properly hold new height or it will need to be re-adjusted after adding extra weight??

I see threads where people say "I could only get this and this out of a 3" lift etc." and I was not entirely sure what caused that, such as adding too much weight to a suspension system aftwrwards or whatnot. I mainly only want a 2" lift with a more robust suspension (hence the ones I am looking at). Any advice appreciated on the above question!

TIA!

2. Aug 19, 2016 at 2:22 PM

0210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport Upgrade DCLB
    Any new permanent weight will obviously lower the truck down and decrease the "lift." If you're not happy with the lowered stance, you'll need to adjust the coilovers to raise it up (if there's adjustability left). Some units allow for this to be done right on the truck, for others you'll need to take the coilovers out, adjust, replace.

If you're able to buy the other items first and then get the suspension, that's what I'd do.

Products Discussed in

To Top