1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weight Distribution between Truck and Trailer

Discussion in 'Towing' started by st101, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Jun 26, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    st101

st101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fellas,

Very short on time (packing tonight), so I'm sorry if this info is somewhere in this forum -- I briefly scanned the towing bible but didn't see it, and if I use google, I only get information on weight distribution WITHIN the trailer.

I'm moving my belongings about 700 miles and rented a 4'x8' U-Haul trailer. I have some things that are pretty heavy (food, pots/pans, clothes), and some lighter boxes.

My question is should I be loading heavy stuff into the truck bed, and leaving light stuff into the trailer? Should I put all of the heavy stuff into the trailer?
    I know within the trailer I should have 60% of the weight forward of the trailer axle -- I just don't know whether I should give preference to the truck bed or trailer for heavier things, or try to make it equal.

THANKS!

2. Jun 26, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    crazy joker

crazy joker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Gaston County, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB sport 4x4
    265 65 17 BFG AT on stock wheels, Factory roof rack added, Front window tint, Sway bar delete, Craig's List camper shell, OME 887 and Dakers, Full Pelfreybuilt skids, All-Pro bolt on sliders, Hood skewp delete, Trailer light plug moved up into bumper, '05 driver door card for more storage with mounted fire ext.
    I think the heavy stuff would be better in the trailer.

3. Jun 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    st101

st101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the reply. I asked in another place and got the same advice, too.

To Top