1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird A/C event today on 2010 Prerunner......

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kulitxplod, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    kulitxplod

kulitxplod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    So, it was kind of warm today. Got into the truck after work, 71 F, I decide to pop on the A/C in this bad boy for the ride home, it was kind of hot in the truck after all day in the sun. So work is like 1/4 mile off the interstate....I don't take note that the A/C isn't blowing cool air until after I get a good mile down the interstate. I check all settings, Max A/C set on temperature, A/C button ON, fan blower on High, recirculate ON. The air got cooler only when I turned the circulate OFF. But even then it wasn't cool, not like A/C should be. The air outside was actually cooler than the air it was blowing. This ordeal continues for some 24 miles until my exit. At that point, cursing and screaming at the truck, I slowed down while merging off the exit and onto the ramp. Low and behold, the A/C starts blowing air pretty cold. From that point on the A/C seemed to function properly, even at speeds close to the interstate speeds.

Any ideas? This was not the first time the A/C has been turned ON. It's been used in the same setting before and seemed to function properly.

2. Mar 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    Timber

Timber Crankey Old Yacht Jockey

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Pedro Bay Ports
    just a couple comfort items.
    Could just be some oddball thing. My truck did the same thing once or twice for whatever reason when it was new,:notsure: but has been perfect for the last couple years.

Products Discussed in

To Top