1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird Grinding Noise!?!?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by the408taco, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Sep 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    the408taco

the408taco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    97 4x4 Taco SR5
    K&N intake, flowmasters, rancho 5000's, american racing 18's wrapped in BF Muds, WAGG bumper guard w/ some hella head lights
    Whats up? I'm new here and need a little help... I got a 97 taco with rancho 5000's, 17's in BFG Mud's. I just recently did a brake job(new rotors and pads) stops on a dime, just has this weird grinding noise coming from the front region of the truck. The noise seems to be the loudest when going 25MPH or slower, mainly when I'm coming to a stop the grind gets louder. As I was checking the front right side, I found out my front locker is seized in the unlock position....:( If anybody has any ideas or think them can help me diagnose my problems I'd greatly apperciate it. Thanks for your time and comments.

2. Oct 1, 2009 at 4:02 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    I would stop driving it immediately, I'm assuming that you have manual hubs, you need to take off the outer cover of the hub & see if theres any grease in it, if not grease it up,replace cover & try to turn your hub, if its still stuck gently roll your truck back & forth a couple of times , usually this will allow the hub to "free spool". If you are sure you did the brakes right the grinding may be related to the hub malfunction, I don't have enough info to give a decent answer, so anymore info you have would help... good luck...:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top