1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Went to dealer to start 4x4 search, won't go back to these guys

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blue Tango, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    So recently I've decided I want to see how cheap I could trade in my 06 PreRunner for a 4x4 model. Now I've got the SR5 package, TRD Off Road, towing, and bascially most options on it. So I took it to the local dealer for an oil change since I was going there to look at some vehicles anyways.

Once I turned the truck in for the oil change I went up to the dealers, 3 of em were standing there just BSing as there really wasn't anyone there shopping for cars yet. So I walked up to the first one and started telling him how I want a Tacoma like mine but 4x4. It's a small lot and I recently checked online and knew pickings were slim at the moment. But I wanted to get a feel for this dealer to see how they'd approach the situation and if they're worth dealing with. So the guy starts talking up the 09 selection he has but I notice none are 4x4. We took a walk around the lot to check the used selection, nothing good there. He kept talking up some 09 DC with the SR5 package. Once I made clear it HAD to have 4x4 he responded, "you don't need 4x4, get one with the off road package which I have and it can go anywhere a 4x4 can, just put a winch on it cause if you get stuck in an off road, 4x4 wouldn't help either." I hit back by explaining that his SR5 and TRD Off Road trucks were nice but mine was already equipped with all of that. So he was like, "well my 09's have a great warranty." My counter to that was my 7yr/100k mi bumper to bumper I added on mine. Once he figured out nothing on his lot at the moment could replace my truck he told me I could go wait in the waiting room for my truck. I was amazed by that. Guess I'm going elsewhere. It was Allen Toyota in Gulfport MS.

2. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:34 PM
    TEX357

TEX357 TX

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA
    285\70-17 BFGoodrich KM2's 17x8 Pro Comp 7089
    what a moron, doesn't know shit about tacos and for him to tell you to go back and sit down wow.. send an email to the manager at the place and get his ass in trouble, that's what I did here at the discount tire after they treated me like shit. Had the guy calling morning and afternoon to come back! haha

btw: i realized yesterday that 4x4 is greatly needed sometimes! :D

3. Jun 4, 2009 at 10:43 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic Grey Access Cab - 2.7L I4 - 4x2
    Yep, email the manager and/or owner. Perhaps they'll give you a deal.

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 10:53 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    b4 i got my tacoma i was looking for an xterra, so i went to all the local nissan dealers told them what i wanted and they said if they got one theyd call. was looking for a manual. Well i saw one that looked nice at a dealer around 30 miles away called them to make sure it was still there, they said yes. drove up there to find out it was sold and not even on the lot, i even talked to the same guy that i talked to on the phone.
    another dealer calls me and says they have a 4 cyl manual in the year i was looking for, so i drive there to find out its 2 yrs newer that what i was looking for and it was a v6. and the dealer i bought my tacoma from took a month to give me an owners manual after i requested it. fcking dealershits piss me off, i dont understand it at all
    sorry for ranting on your thread

To Top