1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okoles on a 2012 AC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Owl, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Jun 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    Owl

Owl [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC 4x4 2.7L 5spd
    I'm guessing they will, since they are both TRDs. Both have airbags in the seat?

2. Jun 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    Owl

Owl [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC 4x4 2.7L 5spd
    Thanks for posting, DMS. I'll try that this weekend.

I'm thinking more and more that these are the right covers. I just wish they were a little tighter on the seats.

3. Jun 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    Owl

Owl [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC 4x4 2.7L 5spd
    Thanks, Duke. When you bought them, you saw they were only for an automatic, yes? Can you post pics of driver and passenger sides?

I checked weathertech's site again a few days ago and now they're saying they're only making them for the doublecabs. Weird, huh?

4. Jun 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    Owl

Owl [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC 4x4 2.7L 5spd
    Wet Okole called and told me exactly what you said, DMS, that my seat bottoms are installed incorrectly. They also said they sent the wrong passenger seat cover and are sending me another one that should arrive in a couple of weeks.

I'll say this about Wet Okole, they understand customer service. They've been really terrific to work with on this over the last couple of days.

5. Jun 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM
    Hartford

Hartford Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Acc Cab 5spd
    Thanks DMS. Didn't notice if the directions said that or not. Looks like i found my project for tommorow. I've already taken the seats out a couple times so that won't be an issue, but it looks like getting the covers under the plastic is going to be a pain.

6. Jun 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
    DMS

DMS Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DCSB TRD Sport
    Good luck making the adjustments...just take your time and massage the covers into place. If you have the right covers, they should fit pretty nicely. My Taco is about the 5th different vehicle that I've had Wet Okole's on, and each vehicle fit like a glove once they were properly in place. You don't even need to take the seats out...might make it a little easier...but not necessary. I've never removed the seats to install these. Getting the covers tucked behind the plastic trim is not that diffucult...unless of course...you have fat fingers!!!:D I used a rice paddle to make tucking a little easier on my fingers...others have used plastic spatulas. Just be very careful not to poke a hole through the covers!

7. Jun 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    Duke

Duke Active Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport Access Cab
    I did see that and from what I'd read in other posts on here they've never made them specifically for a manual. Some people need to notch the mat to clear the clutch some don't. Maybe that's why they never made them, the clutches aren't all the same? :notsure:

When I ordered mine they had a one-piece for the rear for the AC but you're right it looks like they've stopped making them for now. Others were reporting that the rear wasn't fitting right and Toyota must have changed the measurements. Maybe Weathertec is re-tooling the design. I'd hate to have to run a Weathertec front and a Husky rear. I'll try to get some pics snapped.

8. Jun 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    hawlisjawt

hawlisjawt Well-Known Member

Member:
    WOW i need your setas covers. Its this the wet okoles with a TRD design?

Im looking for setas cover on my TRD sport 2008

Products Discussed in

To Top