1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What brand and style of tires are good and whats the biggest size i can run?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fuentes89, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Jun 6, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    fuentes89

fuentes89 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose Fuentes
    Conroe, TX
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    I just purchased a 2005 Tacoma 4 door PreRunner 2wd, with only 80,000 miles on it. The truck itself is stock but it will need new tires soon. I want to know whats the biggest tire size that i can put on it so it can look for "rugged" without having to put a lift on it and no rubbing of any sort. I'm also looking for a tire that performs well in the rain and has a long thread life.

My driving conditions:
    Mostly small asphalt roads in town but since i work in a construction company that does land clearing and ponds, i am sometimes in dirt roads, small mud puddles, and areas where we are doing a job but there are no established roads.
    SO i guess i'm looking for a non noisy tire that looks nice, performs great, and has great mileage.

Any help?

truck currently runs 265-70-16

2. Jun 6, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Welcome to TW. Did you see the sticky at the top of the wheels and tires forum entitled "largest tire sizes on stock suspension"?

Products Discussed in

To Top