1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What did you do with your kids today?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by WreckedRooster, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:19 PM
    WreckedRooster

WreckedRooster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB
    I wanted to start a thread where dads and moms can post up cool things you did with your kid. As a parent, I’m always trying to find or come up with different things to do with my kids. Whether it’s something quick after work or something to be done on the weekend or on a trip. I know ideas come easy sometimes and other times it’s tough.

Hoping parents can drop ideas here that another parent can use. Example:

I went to the grocery store today on my way home from work. I saw a pomegranate and knew my kids have never tried one or even seen one (they are 2 and 4). I took it home and showed them how to clean it and harvest the fruit/seeds out of it. They got a real kick out of it and were eating them as fast as we were cleaning it. Something small, that took maybe 30 min or so. But they had a good time and it’s something I know I will always remember.

Anyhow, I hope this takes off and more ideas and moments get dropped here. I think checking in from time to time will keep anyone motivated to spend more time with their kids making memories. I love teaching my kids things and taking the time to hangout with them, but it’s tough sometimes with the daily hustle. It’s a juggling act. Well, either way this goes, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

2. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    1rooster

1rooster TACOMA31750

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra crewmax
    5100's ALL WAY AROUND, 885X COILS, DRIVER SIDE LEAN SPACER, ICON PROGRESSIVE AAL W/O OVERLOAD, 265/75/16 KENDA KLEVER M/T. 1 1/4 SPIDERTRAC WHEEL SPACERS, GEN 1 TRD COLD AIR INTAKE, STOCK MUFFLER WITH CHOPPED TURNDOWN, 5% TINT OVER FACTORY, DEBADGED, TOYOTA RUBBER BED MAT, WEATHERTECH MATS,UWS TOOLBOX, UNDERCOVER SE, LOCKER MOD, REAR BUMPER, PIONEER DOUBLE DIN WITH PARKING BREAK OVER RIDE, CUSTOM OIL CATCH CAN, FULL LED INTERIOR, ARB BUMPER REPLACEMENT. COVERKING SEAT COVERS. MORIMOTO H1 MINI COVERSION WITH MINI GATLIN GUN SHROUDS AND 5000K MORIMOTO BULBS. TRAILER PLUG RELOCTED TO BUMPER. 20 INCH LED LIGHTBAR MOUNTED BEHIND CUSTOM PAINTED GRILL. STUBBY ATNENNA
    This is gone be good! I have a 5yo son , 3yo son, and a 2 day old son . I didn’t get to do much other than let them both get a turn at holding the newest member. But usually we are out playing in the back yard or riding trail on the sxs. I try to make the best of every day.

3. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:30 PM
    WreckedRooster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB
    congrats on the newborn! I’m with ya, I try my best to be very involved in their lives (while they will let me).

4. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:32 PM
    1rooster

1rooster TACOMA31750

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra crewmax
    5100's ALL WAY AROUND, 885X COILS, DRIVER SIDE LEAN SPACER, ICON PROGRESSIVE AAL W/O OVERLOAD, 265/75/16 KENDA KLEVER M/T. 1 1/4 SPIDERTRAC WHEEL SPACERS, GEN 1 TRD COLD AIR INTAKE, STOCK MUFFLER WITH CHOPPED TURNDOWN, 5% TINT OVER FACTORY, DEBADGED, TOYOTA RUBBER BED MAT, WEATHERTECH MATS,UWS TOOLBOX, UNDERCOVER SE, LOCKER MOD, REAR BUMPER, PIONEER DOUBLE DIN WITH PARKING BREAK OVER RIDE, CUSTOM OIL CATCH CAN, FULL LED INTERIOR, ARB BUMPER REPLACEMENT. COVERKING SEAT COVERS. MORIMOTO H1 MINI COVERSION WITH MINI GATLIN GUN SHROUDS AND 5000K MORIMOTO BULBS. TRAILER PLUG RELOCTED TO BUMPER. 20 INCH LED LIGHTBAR MOUNTED BEHIND CUSTOM PAINTED GRILL. STUBBY ATNENNA
    Thanks bud! I just turned 31 last week, and if you would have told me 5 years ago that I was gone have 3 kids I would have told you you crazy!

six5crèéd and jowybyo like this.
  5. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:37 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Congrats!

I turned 35 yesterday and have a 4, 2 and 2 week old.

:cheers: Fellas.

6. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:39 PM
    WreckedRooster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB
    I hear ya. I’m 34. I always told myself I would never have kids. I wanted to be the cool uncle with money because I didn’t have kids. My wife became a kindergarten teacher and she loves children. I gave in, and am so glad I did. Kids are awesome. I’m not really sure what we did prior to having them.

six5crèéd likes this.
  7. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:24 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Toywoodsguy82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Body Armor front and rear bumpers Method 703 Wheels Falken wildpeak AT3’s Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit
    Man I wish I started later sometimes but at the same time I’m almost done...

I’m 37 (almost 38) with a 19 year old sophomore in college and a 16 year old junior in high school.... Both girls...

8. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:29 PM
    Sharpish

Sharpish Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    you missed your 20’s but you’ll be kid free by 40!!! That’s pretty Good!

whatstcp and six5crèéd like this.
  9. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:31 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Body Armor front and rear bumpers Method 703 Wheels Falken wildpeak AT3’s Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit
    True but I also missed out on a good job opportunity to travel the world.... I had just gotten custody of my daughters and didn’t have anyone to watch them for months on end... Dont get me wrong I love my kids a lot!!!

six5crèéd likes this.
  10. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:34 PM
    Notoneiota

Notoneiota Claud Bawls molested my cat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oakdale & Grand Rapids, MN
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    Mostly stock with a few minor mods.
    I don't want to be a bummer in this thread at all, but I want each and every one of you to hug your kids and tell them you love them every chance you get. I'm a school administrator and at 2pm today I got a call from the sherriff that the father of three of my students was killed at work. It was gut wrenching (I can't sleep right now) watching them get on the bus to go home knowing what was waiting for them. I'm just sick. He was a single father raising three boys. And they're three good boys. It broke me. Love your kids no matter the circumstances. You just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

11. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:35 PM
    Babybluetaco

Babybluetaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 5 lug
    I’m 25. I have a almost 4 year old son named cooper. We ride four wheelers together. I take him to get a milkshake a few times a week after daycare. Play outside together. Get hair cuts together. We do all kinds of stuff. Never been more proud of anything than I am him. He is my world. Recently found out he is allergic to cats and dogs and basically everything outside just like his mom. Also has a vein malformation in his right arm we are currently dealing with. Prayers please!!

A66F06BE-5FA3-49AD-B2F7-6B6FFD856E6A.jpg
    63B7E0D6-4F83-472C-A808-4125411241D5.jpg

2A12C72C-5B4A-4C09-9B57-483A71E74C76.jpg
    3E95CE87-1179-4A28-9551-70CAF90DE7C1.jpg

Sorry for all the pics. Really proud of my son. Love the boy to pieces

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  12. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:37 PM
    tcjacado

tcjacado Well-Known Member

Member:
    :pout:

13. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:39 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Damn

14. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:54 PM
    Casper66

Casper66 grumpy ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Culpeper, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4wd super white (sold) '13 access cab SR5 4wd
    piddly stuff
    Oh all you young dad's I envy you, well mostly. We had 2 daughters both are grown and gone now. It's funny this thread pops up I had this discussion with another member earlier today. he gets overwhelmed with 2 active boys, all the running to activities never seems to end. It will and you will miss it. My wife and I were Girl Scout leaders for 15 years for 2 different troops, I coached soccer for 26 seasons and with my 2 that was a happy chore. Life went on hold when the kids got active and i don't regret a minute of it. I remember the late evenings driving my oldest to her practices and her having to do her homework in the car with a light on. Constantly traveling to games up and down the East coast, Girl Scout camping trips, and marching band competitions. I felt at times life ws a constant turmoil and never any time to rest. Then one left for college then the other and for the last 5 years we have pretty much been on our own. I love watching our girls grow into responsible and productive young adults but I also miss my time with them when they were young. waking up Christma morning to the wispers and the patter of tiny feet running up and down the hall is something I will never forget. love them and hug them and remember nothing you think you want to do is more important than what they need you to do

15. Dec 4, 2019 at 7:57 PM
    WreckedRooster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB
    :sorry: I can’t imagine. Those poor boys. I hope they have someone to take care of them. But nothing can replace your Dad.

six5crèéd and Babybluetaco like this.
  16. Dec 4, 2019 at 8:02 PM
    WreckedRooster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB

It’s funny. I actually enjoy the chaos of it all. I feel like we are busiest people in the world, especially with my oldest starting school and getting into t-ball and gymnastics. I was the head coach her first season of tee ball and that was like herding cats. Second season I was just the assistant coach. To be honest, if it was teaching the kids how to play ball, it wouldn’t have been bad. It’s all the extra stuff like getting shirt sizes and ordering the uniforms and making sure the kids had all their equipment. Hell, I would have one kid that would show up with no shoes or a glove, but he wanted to play. So we made sure to have extra equipment for him. It was wild.

taking the kids to the Christmas parade in town tomorrow night. They will get a kick out of that.

six5crèéd and Casper66[QUOTED] like this.
  17. Dec 4, 2019 at 10:32 PM
    GrittyTaco

GrittyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hatboro, pa
    Vehicle:
    2017 dclb trd or
    I was in the same boat as you. I’m 34 as well, Never wanted them and now I have two amazing 7 month old twin boys.

Today is a routine like every other day with them. Pick them up from daycare , feed them as soon as I get home, let them into the bouncers till they want to go one the floor, work with them on the floor with different moves , then it’s a short nap and bottle time all while trying to clean and keep up with the house and other obligations. I feel some days it’s overwhelming but the second I pick them up, and they give me that smile it truly makes everything perfect.

18. Dec 5, 2019 at 7:17 PM
    BCfiremedic

BCfiremedic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    NWA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Tacoma DCSB TRD OR
    We try to spend as much time with our kids as possible, but it’s not always easy! We spend time together doing outdoor activities (fishing, walking dogs, etc) and all of their extracurricular activities (sports, 4H, etc). This is the shakedown for the last (and next) few days—Nothing today, on duty. Yesterday my wife took our daughter to voice lessons and I did math homework with our son. Tomorrow it will be basketball practice with our son, I help coach(my daughter helps coach at home lol). Saturday will be a basketball game It’s busy, and sometimes very difficult to keep up with, especially on my wife since I’m gone for 24 hours at a time, but I wouldn’t change it for anything! It’s encouraging to see men be an active part and attempting to make a difference in their children’s lives! Good work and God bless!

19. Dec 5, 2019 at 7:27 PM
    WreckedRooster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB
    Went to the towns Christmas parade today. Kids loved seeing the floats and of course seeing Santa.

20. Dec 6, 2019 at 6:14 PM
    WreckedRooster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB
    Daughter helped me work on my truck a bit. Wanted to install maxtrax mounts but didn’t want to pay ~$100 for mounting plates. Modified some metal plates from Homedepot for $8 and got the job done. Came out perfect and super solid. Zero movement. Couldn’t have done it without her. ;)

00FB7556-01BC-44D3-B8C4-FB0DCE02DF53.jpg
    5CF6FD97-EB03-4FF4-AAED-EC1BA32B9CDA.jpg
    7D379F08-8977-4AFF-BA4C-D0ABD4190F76.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top