1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do I need to supermoto my 300 XC-W?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Jefes Taco, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Sep 8, 2015 at 8:40 AM
    Jefes Taco

Jefes Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    14' DCLB TRD Sport supercharged
    Saw these on CL and thought I might want to pick up a set for my 300 as it's already plated and might be fun to roll these as it's fairly easy to pull the wheels.

Would these work?

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5190830127.html

[​IMG]

I'm concerned about the front disc and the caliper relocation bracket and how it works.

2. Sep 8, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    The relocation bracket bolts to the stock caliper bolting locations. The caliper then bolts to the new location provided by the holes in the bracket.

Is that what you were after?

3. Sep 8, 2015 at 8:46 AM
    Jefes Taco

Jefes Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    14' DCLB TRD Sport supercharged
    Is that the only method or can you do a similar set up to stock w/o relocating the caliper? Is one method preferred over the other? Will the set up I linked basically bolt right up to my 300?

Very new to this side of it.

4. Sep 8, 2015 at 8:59 AM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    If you don't want to relocate the caliper, you'll need a stock diameter rotor or reuse yours, but that's a pain in the butt and it may not mount up to those hubs.

I really think you'd want the greater braking power of the larger rotor. (still not enough for the track but adequate for street)

The relocating bracket is honestly no big deal.

I can't guarantee from a picture that the setup will be compatible, but if it is it's an easy swap.

The one thing you may need to adjust is the offset of the wheels and you won't know this until you install it on the bike.
    Usually, the rear wheel needs to be offset away from the chain a bit, but not so much that it hits the swingarm on the other side. Sometimes the front needs to be offset a little to clear fork guards too. Sometimes fork guards just need to be trimmed a bit.

Offsetting the wheels is accomplished by loosening the spokes on one side and tightening the other side - check, repeat as necessary.

If these have already been installed on the same or similar bike you may just be good to go inside of half an hour

Products Discussed in

To Top