1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you guys think?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The Mega, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Custom Retrofit Headlights, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers w/ reservoirs, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox reservoirs, Ubolt Flip Kit, Bed Mounted Spare, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior, Demello Front Bumper, Onboard Air, Courtesy LED Lights (Interior and Exterior), Secondary Fuse Block, Hood Struts, Engine Bay Lights
    So a couple of weeks ago I order some demell offroad hybrid sliders. I got them bare metal and just finished painting them both the other day. I called demello to figure out which end went to the rear of the vehicle and found out that they sent me the wrong ones. They sent me sliders for a 2004 and under. Now here is where my question comes in, the mount the same as the 05 and up(as told by demello) but they are 3" shorter. Should I keep the shorter ones or send them back and get the correct sliders.Btw they are weld on. Thanks guys for your input

2. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    If they fit I say keep them. Too much hassle. Ask Demello for a discount on next purchase or something. 1.5" per end is not a big deal in my book.

3. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Member:
    G'Ville, NV
    Vehicle:
    Taco TRD OR
    Not much yet, got a pretty good sound system w/ my custom sub box. Plan on adding more lights & a tool box.
    Better make DAMNED sure you like them BEFORE you weld them on! No returnie after weldie!

4. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I agree with both of the previous posts. If they're long enough in your opinion and they fit, then yeah its more hassle then its worth, especially since you already painted em.

5. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Custom Retrofit Headlights, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers w/ reservoirs, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox reservoirs, Ubolt Flip Kit, Bed Mounted Spare, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior, Demello Front Bumper, Onboard Air, Courtesy LED Lights (Interior and Exterior), Secondary Fuse Block, Hood Struts, Engine Bay Lights
    Does anyone have demello sliders, because I was also told there is suppose to be a notched section on one of the feet to accomidate for a stud/rivit on the frame?

6. Nov 4, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    i know rpparkster does. pm him

7. Nov 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    its probably on the farthest back mounting leg. When I built my sliders I had to put a notch in my mounting plate so I could bring it as far rearward as possible.

8. Nov 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Talked with Demello yesterday, my new sliders are already built as of today and since I painted mine they are going to have my new ones painted and here by tuesday. Thanks for your guys input

Products Discussed in

To Top