1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what else should i do when installing my lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by stunt man hans, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Jun 11, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i'm going in two weeks to have my lift installed at ok auto in central jersey. the lift itself is a pro comp complete 3 inch kit and i was just wondering what else i could have the guy's do when they have it in the air. i saw in another that the bushing on top of the front strut assembly is a good thing to replace right off the bat as they are prone to fail in some cases. light racing upper control arms are going in as well as a toyotec differential drop. things like extended brake lines shock boots for the rears things like this is what i had in mind. anything i'm missing here new bump stops or a shackle flip anything that is relatively low in cost that can either make the ride better or increase ground clearance or approach or departure angles? i did have a question about the shackle flip as i'm not really sure what it's purpose is other than the fact that i see and hear a lot of guy's running them with a lot of different set ups? i already removed the sway bar and i'm replacing the factory splash plate with the all pro high clearance skid. any suggestions other than what i already mentioned would be very helpful. also if any of them sound like stuff i won't really need or they don't really do much please let me know. thanks

2. Jun 11, 2011 at 11:49 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i know the pro comp lift is not the best way to go, but anything i could do while he has it all apart that could increase it's performance or ride and most important durability would be great. also any feed back any of you guy's running the light racing control arms would be great as well. are they good bad do you not notice them at all or do they squeak and are prone to some type of failure over time? lol sorry for the giant question thread i just want to make sure i get done right the first time.

3. Jun 12, 2011 at 8:41 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500

Products Discussed in

To Top