1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What gauge wire do I need...for fridge

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Icepuck72, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Sep 2, 2019 at 12:46 PM
    GREENBIRD56

GREENBIRD56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Casper / Tucson
    Vehicle:
    014 Taco 4Dr 4wd
    For starters - I've never had a "falling out" problem with one of the Blue Sea 12v sockets - especially when used with one of their own screw-in plugs. Pretty solid setup and made for use on a boat. Their design has a built in 10 amp fuse so you basically have to supply a 10 amp capable feed. The ampacity chart shown earlier in the thread is the proper way to size the wire.

For big high amp loads I have used these:
    SAE Connector redu.jpg
    These "SAE" style connectors are pretty handy and available in a variety of wire sizes. Just make sure (if you plan on leaving an open connectionpoint exposed) that the male pin of the ground is the one you will leave exposed! You simply cut the pigtail between the two plugs apart and splice them into the wiring. To provide a bit more weather protection, I take the joints that will be exposed or seldom ever disconnected and wrap the two fully joined plugs with #33 tape.

Attached Files:

Icepuck72[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top