1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you bought in the last 48 hours gun related?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Rmodel65, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bilsteins front and rear, front set to 1'' and rear are 9'' 5125's, OMD springs in the rear, CSJumper LED's inside, hard wired inverter.
    forgot to mention this, you have to block current mags to 10 or less, or buy 10 rounders.
    normally i'd say disassemble the "high" capacity and you can keep them in state, but theres a bill currently up that would make that illegal.

2. teamamerica

teamamerica Get off your horse and drink your milk.

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2012 tundra rockwarrior
    none yet
    just dont move to california. it's nothing but hippies and people like me =x

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. Justin626

Justin626 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 TRD Sport DC Super White
    Toytec 3" w/ AAL, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Lightforce 170mm Strikers, N-Fab Light Bar, Metra Ipod Adapter, Scosche Auto Start
    NIB Ruger 10/22 Charger and two BX-25 mags

4. double dee

double dee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB 4X4 MGM
    Boosted and lots of $$$ down the drain
    Haha i'm from San Diego and so is my wife. I'm not sure if i'm going to reenlist or not but if i don't were going to move back there. If it wasn't for all of our family there and the fact San Diego is one of the nicest cities in the US I probably wouldn't be going back. I know my magazines over 10 rounds will be illegal but I have heard gen 4 Glocks are only available to LEO's in CA and some other nonsense.

5. 95 taco

95 taco Cornfed

Member:
    South Miss.
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bilsteins front and rear, front set to 1'' and rear are 9'' 5125's, OMD springs in the rear, CSJumper LED's inside, hard wired inverter.
    i'm not sure on the gen 4's, i don't keep current with the glock stuff.

you will find a lot of nonsense CA, it seems to be standard issue.

6. Blueinstinct

Blueinstinct Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    07 Trd Sport
    1.25" lift spacer, K&N intake, K&N Oil Filter, Window Tint, AVS Window visors, Extang Tri-fold bed cover, Pro Comp Wheels Series 7089 17", Federal Couragia M/T Tires Lt285/70R17, NRG Racing lug nuts flat black, Crystal Headlights, HID xenon 6000k, HID xenon 3000k, Blacked out Grill and Emblem, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Pioneer 5.8" InDash Double din, 13" Aspheric Rearview Mirror, Wade Sure-fit front floor mats, Eurow sideless sport mesh seat cover, Smd Led Map lights, City lights, License plate lights and Dome light.
    I hope my heritage rough rider fits here just fine.

uploadfromtaptalk1365048929050.jpg

7. Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Couple of issues:
    1 - If any have threaded barrels, it is classified as an assault weapon. Buy a non-threaded barrel before bringing it into the state.

2 - Any magazines that are larger than 10 rounds can not be brought into the state. You can (for now) legally permanently block them to 10rds. Most common method is to epoxy a couple of shims to the sides that stop the follower before the 11th round can be fitted, but one of the nannies is trying to pass a bill that will make conversions illegal to possess.

3 - You will need to declare and register handguns as a new resident. $19 per gun, simple mail-in form. No declaration or registration on long guns until Jan 2014.

If you have any AR or AK pattern rifles, it gets a lot stickier, but it is still possible to have them as long as they are not on the banned list, and as long as they are equipped with a magazine lock.

Here's some late night reading material....

Attached Files:

8. Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Not illegal to import, own, or even to sell to another person.

The California Safe Handgun Roster applies to dealer purchases/transfers.
    It does not "ban" the gun. It is legal to import as a new resident, and it is also legal to sell to someone else as a private party transaction.

There are all kinds of ways around the roster.
    It is legally possible for me to purchase a new XDm if it is supplied with 10rd magazines. There are a number of exemptions for the roster, including LEO purchases, as well as dimensionally compliant single shot or single action exemptions.

To import a non-compliant XDm, all that is needed is for it to be fitted with a barrel that brings the OAL to 10", and for the magazine to be replaced with a zero-round sled that is locked in using a method that requires a separate tool to remove.

Once the buyer has completed the 10 day wait and takes possession, it is legal to modify the gun to it's original configuration.

9. Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    That's because they aren't on the roster.

I can't walk into Turners and buy a Gen-4 or XDm, but you can bring one with you from out of state. They are not illegal to own.

10. taco47001

taco47001 Newborn

Member:
    Aurora, IN
    Vehicle:
    Silver Taco
    3" Lift (Billies 5100 front and back), Toytec springs, All Pro 3" Standard Pack, LR UCA's, Diff Drop, SCS F5's, 265/75/16 Treadwright Wardens, Rear Diff Breather, pinch weld mod, Morimoto Projector retro w/ amber halo's, grey wire mod, Elite front bumper....so far....
    You guys and your "rules".

Magpul.... MS3 Sling, Rail sling adapter, Ambi rear sling adapter, and an off brand rifle case. I love amazon...they make it so easy.

11. Rmodel65

Rmodel65 [OP] Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    picked up my AR15 lower today 115$

12. Lil'Taco

Lil'Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Grillcraft grill, Debadged, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts
    I bought a tac light/ green laser last week
    [​IMG]

13. sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    RCD Lift, Custon Alcan Leafs, Ballistic Jesters, Duratracs 285/70/17,Fold-a-Cover Elite G4 Tonneau, Black Grill Emblem, Sock Monkey Yeti Decals, Tundra 4x4 emblem sprayed black, Debadged, LED interior, Xenon Depot 6000K HID Headlights, Xenon Depot 3000k Fogs with Lamin-X Coating, Borla Exhaust - Chopped, Weathertecs, Custom Katzkin Leather TRD Interior.
    100 rds 9mm

14. Rmodel65

Rmodel65 [OP] Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    traded 100 rounds of tula 223 for 5 OKAY industries mags

15. Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Breaks, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    Happened to find myself 6th in line at Wally world this morning. I wasn't there for bullets but when I saw the line I figured I'd wait and see what they brought out. By the time the guy came out with the days shipment there were a total of 12 people in line. I don't have a need for 223, which they had probably 15 to 20 boxes of but I did get 555 rounds of Winchester 22 LR hollow points. 24 bucks. Not the best price ever but I was ok with that. Everyone in that line wanted 22 first and then other sizes. They only had 10 boxes of 22 to sell.

16. Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Breaks, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    one more thing I was impressed with. The first 5 guys in line asked what we were there for. Well we all said 22 lr. Three of the 5 guys limited their purchase to one box to share with the rest. I did the same. The rest of the guys did the same. I thought that was cool.

17. Maticuno

Maticuno Weapon Mechanic

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-D3, SWI-PS, Sirius Satellite Radio, 2X In-Cab 110V Outlets, Constant Fog Light Mod, Inverter Always 400W Mod, Anti-Pack-Rat-In-Intake Mod, Eibachs on 5100's, 2" Toytec AAL, B.A.M.F Rear Diff Skid, 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires
    Custom laser engraved walnut grips for my compact 1911. Will post photos once they arrive.

18. double dee

double dee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB 4X4 MGM
    Boosted and lots of $$$ down the drain
    i scored 5 555 round boxes of winchester 22lr for $20 a box! I also ordered a hogue stock, green mountain barrel and Nikon prostaff for my new 10/22. Cant wait to shoot it when its all together.

19. Justin626

Justin626 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 TRD Sport DC Super White
    Toytec 3" w/ AAL, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Lightforce 170mm Strikers, N-Fab Light Bar, Metra Ipod Adapter, Scosche Auto Start
    Ultra dot Pan AV reflex red dot sight and Scopecoat for it
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365453077.324448.jpg

20. pyroskier

pyroskier A country boy can survive

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    -5100's up front w/Eibachs -AllPro Expo packs -Rear 5150's -Granite Alloy GA9's -33x12.5x15 Duratracs -AllPro extended brake line -B.A.M.F. BPV Bracket -18" Magnaflow
    Your 10/22 is going to look just like mine if that Green Mountain barrel is stainless and the Hogue stock is OD

[​IMG]

To Top