1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. May 31, 2022 at 2:21 PM
    Oregonism

Oregonism Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vieques, PR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    65D8C14C-039A-448C-A4FC-C21376A480BB.jpg

Quarantined for a week with COVID so I installed my headlights and ditch lights. Those little Diode Dynamics SSC1’s are great. Perfect supplement to the stock headlights. The OEM TRD Pro headlights also look miles better than my old faded stockers.

2. May 31, 2022 at 3:24 PM
    KetoClutch

KetoClutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Whit
    Borger, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Bilstein 6112/5100, OME heavy springs, SPC UCAs, Sumimoto bumpstops, Ultimate headlight upgrade, Grille, Raptor lights, Sound deadening, foam insulation, Speakers, Sub, Head unit, Power rear sliding window, Locked center console & bed cubbies, Shark fin delete, Hood struts, Bug visor, Window visors
    The rubber wheel delivered from Amazon today, but I'm afraid you're probably right...

3. May 31, 2022 at 3:55 PM
    MSgt O

MSgt O Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DblCab SB
    @SSX999 nope, mechanic lied. Those monroes are not the same compressed length struts. but, you got your truck back, and instead of 5100's I would look for a set of take offs from a 3rd gen. just 5100s and no new springs will make your turck ride like a chuck wagon...

SSX999 likes this.
  4. May 31, 2022 at 4:35 PM
    Daves300

Daves300 TTC#0333

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 FJ
    The timing chain cover has had a small leak for the last 7 years and the ac compressor started making some noise so,,
    Removed the grill, fan, radiator, and compressor.

PXL_20220530_225819938.MP.jpg

Rick_Taco, theolee, Rezkid and 2 others like this.
  5. May 31, 2022 at 4:36 PM
    pegleg6942

pegleg6942 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma
    Love those headlights. I have what looks to be the same ones.

6. May 31, 2022 at 4:36 PM
    Daves300

Daves300 TTC#0333

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 FJ
    The timing chain cover has had a small leak for the last 7 years and the ac compressor started making some noise so,,
    Removed the grill, fan, radiator, and compressor.

7. May 31, 2022 at 4:50 PM
    10thMTNgrunt

10thMTNgrunt This is the way, step inside.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    :crapstorm:Just topped my highest city mpg of 18.7, just ran 19.6 city mpg and with relative spirit too! 265/70/17 Coopers with the TRD Matte black Pro/SEMA wheels.
    Both of these averages were measured after the use of a full tank of gas not some BS momentary reading I pulled off a scan gauge while driving slow AF.
    Cheers:thumbsup:

Northbound_Taco likes this.
  8. May 31, 2022 at 6:15 PM
    Slashaar

Slashaar Trail Limo Supreme & Certified Hole Massager

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD-Sport DC LB
    Coastal HC Front, 6112s+650lb King Coils, JD 62 Swap + 14" Fox 2.0s
    is that a lightbar thats backwards in the lower grill?

YF_Ryan and Musubi3 like this.
  9. May 31, 2022 at 6:36 PM
    Z7Xtreme

Z7Xtreme Always Overestimated

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    In a tree somewhere
    Vehicle:
    2015 trd Black Ops edition
    884's and 5100's with HS 1/4" taco lean spacer,1 inch toytec block and 5100's,SPC uca's,SCS Ray 10 wheels,265/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT3,oem running boards,oem skid plate,WeatherTech floor liners,WeatherTech window deflectors,Access tonneau cover,WeatherTech stone and bug shield ,BPF tow hook,oem bed mat,pro grill,tacomabeast headlights,cali raised ditch brackets with Rigid lights,Rough country 30” lightbar on Rigid brackets RCI bedrack, KC rear lights,maxtrax,dual rotopax.
    That’s why I never drink when working on my truck.:rofl:I think it’s a cover.

Slashaar[QUOTED] and dpele like this.
  10. May 31, 2022 at 9:11 PM
    ScrippsRanch67

ScrippsRanch67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Pre-Runner 2wd Quad Cab short bed
    Fiberglass shell
    I used to have a Nissan flat bed with wood sidings. My Samoyed loved to ride in back with the wind blowing. Dumb dog got so excited he climbed up onto the roof of the cab when we were going down the freeway!

11. May 31, 2022 at 9:16 PM
    SomeGuy_GRM

SomeGuy_GRM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma SR5 TRD Off Road
    It is. Not DOT approved, and I don't have a cover, so it's illegal to drive around with it in BC. Also, there's a short in the wiring, so it doesn't even work right now anyways.

Slashaar[QUOTED] and Z7Xtreme like this.
  12. May 31, 2022 at 11:31 PM
    Pdugan6

Pdugan6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Sunnyvale California
    Vehicle:
    3 link solid axle 2011 Tacoma 4x4
    I took off my tcase actuator so I can change it to a manual shift tcase using a shift cable and kit from advance adapters.

DG92071 likes this.
  13. Jun 1, 2022 at 12:13 AM
    theolee

theolee www.nickleecreations.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Tacoma SR5 Pre-Runner AC 4.0
    I'm going to have to do this soon, @DG92071 offered to help me knock it out . I have a rear main seal and front seal (timing chain cover) leak. I'm not too worried about the rear seal, it's been like that for years with no issues. Did you have to pull the engine to get to the cover?

14. Jun 1, 2022 at 3:57 AM
    POOLGUY

POOLGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JEFF
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT 6 SPEED
    Dobinsons suspension

Can you provide some information about your tray. What brand, where you got it, and cost? Are you happy with it?
    Thank you

15. Jun 1, 2022 at 5:50 AM
    PugetSoundTaco

PugetSoundTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Olympia
    Vehicle:
    Highlux
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    POOLGUY and banditcamp like this.
  16. Jun 1, 2022 at 5:54 AM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    Holy shit those are pricey

DG92071 likes this.
  17. Jun 1, 2022 at 6:15 AM
    PugetSoundTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Olympia
    Vehicle:
    Highlux
    I wouldn't disagree with you lol I was able to get a lot of $ back from selling my canopy, SOS HC rear swing-out and other stuff. I was in all that for maybe $500 and sold it all for just over $5k. Been able to wheel and deal a lot of stuff for the truck over the years.

18. Jun 1, 2022 at 6:24 AM
    Aardvark13

Aardvark13 Sultan of Squeeze, Wizzard of Slide

Member:
    First Name:
    Byl
    Knoxville
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB OR
    Aardvark4x4 Built for Go
    Any chance you could post some pictures of the drawer? As far as your comment regarding air bags instead of stage 3s, I kinda wish I had gone that route. My stage 3s are great, but my weight fluctuates quite a bit between around town and long trips and wish I had the ability to customize my capacity more to accommodate these fluctuations. I always have more weight than most, but it still varies quite a bit. That said the progressive design of the Deavers is some much nicer of a ride than my old Dakar HDs with AAL.

19. Jun 1, 2022 at 6:29 AM
    PugetSoundTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Olympia
    Vehicle:
    Highlux
    Yeah I can get some pictures later and post them here. And that is the exact reason I plan on going to bags, because the stage II's work great for just daily driving with the tray only and the occasional dresser, couch, dump run etc. But if and when I decide to pull the plug on a full canopy, I can adjust on the fly based on the load. I had OME HD Dakars and they were rough lookin lol ~~ So far I am happy with the Deavers.

Aardvark13[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jun 1, 2022 at 6:39 AM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    That is pretty nice about selling tacoma stuff haha

Products Discussed in

To Top