1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Feb 2, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    kwalton

kwalton [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, Md
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Sport 4x4
    Just got my 08 dc 3 weeks ago and i desperately needed to give her a good detailing. i bought a bunch of menzerna products from www.properautocare.com and polished it up. i wanted to get a good layer of protection on it before i go and get her dirty.

what did everyone else do today??

2. Feb 2, 2008 at 2:30 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Found out my stupid battery cables aren't long enough to cross over to fit standard battery posts.

Mauinokapoi, jackn7, myn75 and 14 others like this.
  3. Feb 2, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    We're still in winter misery here so cleaning the outside is a waste of time.I do however take it to a local u-clean and spray off the salt from the frame and wheelwells.Today I took advantage of a dry day and vacumed mine front and back.I'm at work right now and will clean my all weather mats.I know it's not much,but when I'm inside it feels clean.

I tell my wife that in the maelstrom of messiness that is raising three kids,my truck is my place of order and serenity.:)

Mauinokapoi, jackn7, Zeke38 and 41 others like this.
  4. Feb 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    Mine is 2 months old now and I wanted to give her a good hand wash today, but...seeing how I am suffering from Diverticulitis and have a colonoscopy scheduled next week I decided the bending over a lot right now might not be a good thing to do. So it just did the pull through jet wash, no brushes used on this baby, and the windows all cleaned up.

I installed a new locking gas cap today that came from Fedex earlier. Fit good and tight and the seal was good as it hissed at me when I took it loose the first time. I need to add a drop or two of Break Free between the pieces that spin on each other. They say with pressure on it that it will have enough friction to break it free and spin off. The Break Free should prevent that from happening.

5. Feb 2, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I gassed it up again :eek:

6. Feb 2, 2008 at 4:07 PM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    Today I put HIDs in my fogs. I put HIDs in the headlamps a couple weeks ago. Awesome upgrade, btw.
    Then earlier this week I washed, polished, and waxed the truck. Then I replaced the Zirgo electric engine coolant fan with a quieter SPAL electric fan and SPAL variable speed electronic fan controller. Then yesterday I installed an Empire O2 simulator to eliminate the CEL caused by my aftermarket exhaust setup.

N.L.A, whatstcp, nabrowning and 4 others like this.
  7. Feb 2, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I hauled about $400 worth of groceries, 3 kids and 2 adults around. :laugh:

Tomorrow, however, I'll be towing an auto transport and '79 Ford Ranger 100 miles and some sort of Blazer w/plow back. I really need to get a WD hitch, but $350!! :eek:

Maybe I'll buy one for $140 online for future tows. :rolleyes:

Hal Geiger, RBelloc5, Grumpy and 6 others like this.
  8. Feb 2, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    mind boggling !!! where did you get your HIDs?

Tony Tocoma and ChadsPride like this.
  9. Feb 2, 2008 at 5:43 PM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    www.mod-express.com check the vendor forums at Toyota Nation for much better prices than what's listed on their website. If you buy two or more sets they'll usually give you an extra discount if you ask.

Sorry for the Off Topic.

Waited many moons likes this.
  10. Feb 2, 2008 at 5:46 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
  11. Feb 2, 2008 at 6:30 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I went and picked up a V8 engine out of a wrecked Toyota 4Runner with 9,000 miles on it.

12. Feb 2, 2008 at 7:02 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
  13. Feb 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    I FINALLY got around to pulling on some stumps. Broke the cable I was using so I had to go get a MUCH bigger one and will go at it again tomorrow. One of the coolest feelings in the world is yanking $h!t from the ground with your truck IMHO.

14. Feb 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    pmo

pmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    I like Squad314 am in the middle if winter. I'm in Nova Scotia S34. I did manage to install my new seat covers today between rainshowers. I got them at www.toyotapartsstore.com. Great fit, little snug installing them but they look great. PiercedTiger....how do the mats fit and look , considering a set myself

15. Feb 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Just got my 08 and noticed no locking fuel door. What brand and $ if you don't mind my asking. Later

16. Feb 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    T-Quest likes this.
  17. Feb 2, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Sales tax it is. Thanks

Also today ordered a bed mat, spare tire lock, and d-rings for the front of the bed. Been looking at possible speaker upgrades. Pretty much wasting the the day and the eye sight in front of the computer. I'm so ready for spring. Probably a Undercover tonneau will be ordered Monday. Later

Robsharp06coma likes this.
  18. Feb 3, 2008 at 4:38 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    New Custom seat covers, dark gray this time with the Tacoma logo on them. :)

19. Feb 3, 2008 at 5:15 AM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    I went yesterday to a junkyard and got some GM accesories that I will place under the hood, these are two tilt hood lights and a cord reel with a 12v light to use it as a helper light when need it, cord is about 20ft., I will setup all of them today, these lights does not need a push pin to control the on-off light operation it depends solely on the hood tilt when openning. I will post some pictures tomorrow morning. Most GM trucks and SUV's from 2003+ year models have it.

20. Feb 3, 2008 at 9:09 AM
    gsm

gsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Regular Cab, 2.7L, Impulse Red Pearl
    DIY OEM Fog Lights on anytime, DIY OEM Cruise Control, Removed 2ndary Air Filter, Rear Speakers Mod, Traction Bar/Helper Spring Mod, Red Brake Drums and Rotors, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Door Sill Protectors, Taco Bed Mat, Custom Front Mud Flaps (Mudguards), TRD Bucket Seats (pending)
    Waiting to see how much I'm going to have to pay the tax man this season before letting loose with more $$$$. But I was able to work a deal yesterday for a Tacoma Bed mat from the dealer for $92.20 delivered. Just played one local Toyota dealer against the other :D. Love the custom fit.

Next mod, '06 TRD bucket seats ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top