1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Feb 23, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    PvilleJohn

PvilleJohn SVT Raptor

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Powdersville SC
    Vehicle:
    SVT Raptor
    Old picture...but you get the idea lol.
    20160126_205728.jpg

G.T., j_strength and scottalot like this.
  2. Feb 23, 2016 at 9:30 AM
    Ztextreme

Ztextreme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quantico, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DDl Sport
    Icon stage 1, wheelers aal, icons uca, wheelers superbumps, allpro flip kit, bora .75 spacers, mastercraft 265/70/17 mxt, frontrunner roof rack, relentless skids, bamf lca skids, Avid bumper guard,
    See now it makes sense, I thought it was backwards, I almost messed mine up when I was gonna install mine lol

PvilleJohn[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Feb 23, 2016 at 9:35 AM
    Ztextreme

Ztextreme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quantico, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DDl Sport
    Icon stage 1, wheelers aal, icons uca, wheelers superbumps, allpro flip kit, bora .75 spacers, mastercraft 265/70/17 mxt, frontrunner roof rack, relentless skids, bamf lca skids, Avid bumper guard,
    You gonna level the front? I had billies up front at 1.75 for a while and looked an drove nice

4. Feb 23, 2016 at 9:40 AM
    Kyitty

Kyitty Mr. Beard

Member:
    Bozeman, MT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Better Than TRD
    See Build Page
    It's proper flag protocol as defined by military code. There are actually rules about how an American flag is presented and handled.

Flying in bad weather, at night, if it touches the ground, when it gets tattered, all have regulations.

It's all about the honor the Old Glory deserves in favor of what it represents and those who died for it.

5. Feb 23, 2016 at 9:57 AM
    Old School

Old School You are ignoring covfefe by this member.

Member:
    This display with the stars forward has come about since the Gulf war, prior to that the stars were always upper left!

Old style V

stock-photo-flag-patch-on-american-soldier-staff-sergeant-uniform-102010495.jpg

New style V

stock new us uniform.jpg

Look it up, the stars forward is a fairly recent change to the US uniforms!

How to Display the Flag

PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION FROM http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

[​IMG]
    1. When the flag is displayed over the middle of the street, it should be suspended vertically with the union to the north in an east and west street or to the east in a north and south street.

[​IMG]
    2. The flag of the United States of America, when it is displayed with another flag against a wall from crossed staffs, should be on the right, the flag's own right [that means the viewer's left --Webmaster], and its staff should be in front of the staff of the other flag.

[​IMG]
    3. The flag, when flown at half-staff, should be first hoisted to the peak for an instant and then lowered to the half-staff position. The flag should be again raised to the peak before it is lowered for the day. By "half-staff" is meant lowering the flag to one-half the distance between the top and bottom of the staff. Crepe streamers may be affixed to spear heads or flagstaffs in a parade only by order of the President of the United States.

[​IMG]
    4. When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the right of the flag of the United States (the viewer's left). When the flag is half-masted, both flags are half-masted, with the US flag at the mid-point and the other flag below.

[​IMG]
    5. When the flag is suspended over a sidewalk from a rope extending from a house to a pole at the edge of the sidewalk, the flag should be hoisted out, union first, from the building.

[​IMG]
    6. When the flag of the United States is displayed from a staff projecting horizontally or at an angle from the window sill, balcony, or front of a building, the union of the flag should be placed at the peak of the staff unless the flag is at half-staff.

[​IMG]
    7. When the flag is used to cover a casket, it should be so placed that the union is at the head and over the left shoulder. The flag should not be lowered into the grave or allowed to touch the ground.

[​IMG]
    8. When the flag is displayed in a manner other than by being flown from a staff, it should be displayed flat, whether indoors or out. When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag's own right, that is, to the observer's left. When displayed in a window it should be displayed in the same way, that is with the union or blue field to the left of the observer in the street. When festoons, rosettes or drapings are desired, bunting of blue, white and red should be used, but never the flag.

[​IMG]
    9. That the flag, when carried in a procession with another flag, or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.

[​IMG]
    10. The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of States or localities or pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs.

[​IMG]
    11. When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace.

[​IMG]
    12. When displayed from a staff in a church or public auditorium on or off a podium, the flag of the United States of America should hold the position of superior prominence, in advance of the audience, and in the position of honor at the clergyman's or speaker's right as he faces the audience. Any other flag so displayed should be placed on the left of the clergyman or speaker (to the right of the audience).

[​IMG]
    13. When the flag is displayed on a car, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.

[​IMG]
    14. When hung in a window where it is viewed from the street, place the union at the head and over the left shoulder.

midwestisbest, MTopp, robssol and 4 others like this.
  6. Feb 23, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    4bangeronabudget

4bangeronabudget Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7l base
    Blacked out badges Tough country lift Scs stealth 6 wheels LEDs Warn transformer w/ light bar winch mount Volant ram air intake Reese hitch Timbrens 5100s Warn 9500 winch Skids
    I thought this was common knowledge but I guess its been my life so maby I take the knowledge for granted. carpe diem!

7. Feb 23, 2016 at 10:29 AM
    la0d0g

la0d0g Its 4 o’clock somewhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    running for the hills
    Vehicle:
    For crawling not hauling
    #n00bpatriots :p

8. Feb 23, 2016 at 10:34 AM
    Colon3lcrunch

Colon3lcrunch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Germany
    Vehicle:
    2014 Magnetic Grey TRD off-road
    Finally got my new head unit installed.

20160223_175632.jpg

MTopp, dcsbtaco and taco2taco like this.
  9. Feb 23, 2016 at 10:40 AM
    AKHawkeye

AKHawkeye Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    15 AC Sport 4x4 6 Spd
    Locked as stock
    You should also Paint/Sharpie the Toyota Logo. I think that would look pretty uniform with the lettering. Just my OCD kicking in though.

taco2taco likes this.
  10. Feb 23, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    docloco

docloco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    Well I got the last passenger door done today. I'm out driving around and I can tell it's a lot quieter even on a really windy day.

image.jpg

Crom, Nephree, Elevated and 3 others like this.
  11. Feb 23, 2016 at 11:12 AM
    nukjam

nukjam Masshole

Member:
    Assachusetts
    Vehicle:
    15 SW AC SR 4X4 2.7L 5spd
    Red LED Interior Lights, BedRug Tailgate Mat, Speeddawg Shift knob, Husky Mud Guards, Mobtown OR Tailgate Cap, Custom LED Bed Lights

Sub'd just for this. 4th of July will be in full compliance henceforth!

Old School[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Feb 23, 2016 at 11:26 AM
    StevoNB

StevoNB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB TRD Sport 6MT
    Yea, I was going to, but up close it looks pretty shitty to be honest. You can really see all the individual strokes from the marker. I'm not sure how else to easily colour the letters in though, while keeping a sharp line around the outside.

13. Feb 23, 2016 at 11:33 AM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    No no no....Use a Krylon paint pen!!!!!! I use them and they work great!!

http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-KSCP91...d=1456255864&sr=8-1&keywords=krylon+paint+pen

[​IMG]

Mtnflyer, Elevated, Quakes15 and 10 others like this.
  14. Feb 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    Dajeepman

Dajeepman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pittsburg , Tx
    Vehicle:
    2006 Gold Tacoma base 4x4
    What model is that?

15. Feb 23, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    Colon3lcrunch

Colon3lcrunch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Germany
    Vehicle:
    2014 Magnetic Grey TRD off-road
    AVH x5700bhs definitely better than stock but the metra install kit is trash. Had to hack it up just to get it to fit the head unit.

16. Feb 23, 2016 at 12:13 PM
    StevoNB

StevoNB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB TRD Sport 6MT
  17. Feb 23, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    AKHawkeye

AKHawkeye Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    15 AC Sport 4x4 6 Spd
    Locked as stock
    Find a silver paint pen?

Edit: Oregon TRD beat me to it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  18. Feb 23, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    dblj70

dblj70 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Offroad SpruceMica
    The only way I would think it would cause you a problem is if you mounted the ball on the bottom but I'm pretty sure I've seen guys here with manuals that have them.

19. Feb 23, 2016 at 1:01 PM
    Dajeepman

Dajeepman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Pittsburg , Tx
    Vehicle:
    2006 Gold Tacoma base 4x4
    Yea I want the x5800 but don't know what kit to get or if it would fit.. I plan on buying it in a few weeks.

What hacking did you have to do to get it to work?

20. Feb 23, 2016 at 1:14 PM
    frednelaine

frednelaine Well-Known Member

Member:
    York, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad Access Cab

Products Discussed in

To Top